Monday, March 3, 2014

First Monday in March, 2014


1. For What It’s Worth

Well, last week was one of my co-worker’s last day in the office. Today she is officially a retired person.  That means that I am the next one here in the office scheduled to retire, which is nice! 43 weeks and counting! 

I heard that my sister who just recently retired got herself another job. What’s up with that?  Why retire then get another job unless it is something you really want to do. How many people love their current job? Not me, that’s for sure!  I used to really like my job when I worked in Quality Assurance, but that was years ago and now I work in another discipline, Acquisition Logistics, which I do not care for very much. I was very good at QA and I enjoyed most of it, except maybe all the travel. Travel is nice when you are going where you want to go.

Business travel is not a pleasurable experience.  Airport hassles and living out of a hotel and a suitcase sucks.  I hope I don’t get tired of the traveling lifestyle during our road trip excursion. Snoopy will not be happy if I am always complaining. Snoopy does not like it when “her butler” is complaining.  I’m sure I will enjoy the majority of our travel experience.

-------------------------------------------------------

2. Music Trivia

Today’s music trivia band was the headliner at the first real rock and roll concert I ever attended here in California at the Swing Auditorium which was located in San Bernardino at the Orange Show Fairgrounds back in 1980 I believe. The Swing Auditorium is long gone since a small airplane crashed into it on my birthday, September 11 in 1981.  I attended quite a few concerts there during the two years I was near it. It was actually the launching point for the first American Tour for The Rolling Stones back in 1964. Many famous artists played at this venue which held 10,000, including Louis Armstrong, Jack Benny, George Burns, Judy Garland, Jerry Lewis, Tony Curtis, Danny Thomas, Shirley MacLaine, Sammy Davis Jr, The Grateful Dead, Frank Zappa, and the list goes on and on. Most patrons stood for the concerts since there was only one small bleacher section usually available. Anyway, this is only a 3-member band, consisting of a lead guitar, bass and a drummer. With hits such as “Sharped-Dressed Man”, “Pearl Neckless”, “Give Me All Your Lovin’” and “Legs”, this band reached their popularity in 1983 with their album, “Eliminator”. Known for their guitarist’s long beards, long before Duck Dynasty was ever made up, can you name this little band from Texas?

Last Post’s Music Trivia Answer = Yes

------------------------------------------------------- 

3. Alternate Band Name Game

Clue: = Majestic birds, Golden or Bald         Answer:  ???


Last Post’s Alternate Band Name Game

Clue: = Thrifty Magic       Answer:  Cheap Trick

-------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy says, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment