Thursday, March 27, 2014

3.25.14

3.25.14                                                                       Retirement = 285 Days to go


1. For What It’s Worth

I usually have something that I want to write, but today I got nothing. I guess I could just stare at my laptop screen and hope Apple can come through and write it for me. Don’t they have an app for Writer’s Block also?

I guess 30 years ago this week is when the movie The Breakfast Club was released.  That is the term I refer to for us that come in early to work.  We show up but not too bright or perky.  We basically drag our asses in here daily, just barely able to function until our first cup of coffee. On my second cup currently!  J

Eleven. It is my lucky number.  I am not sure how lucky it has been, but that is my birthdate, my jersey numbers, race car number; it is the number I choose to wear or to be identified with. My California license plate for my Carrera is “11 CAR”, because it is one more than a ten. (A significant reference to, This Is Spinal Tap). J  I don’t know why I decided to mention this, but it took up some empty space on my computer screen.  Sometimes I just write down stuff, ya know? J

I have been slacking on practicing my guitar this past week.  Tonight I need to get back with the program so I can learn at least two chords each week.  I would like to get another acoustic guitar so I can take it on the road with us.  Just a cheap one, maybe $100 or so investment. It’s not like I can take my electric guitar on the road and just plug in my amp anywhere.

I would really have to know you really good before I would travel with anyone on the open road for any amount of time in tight quarters, because I can be a real pain.  So I appreciate the feedback we have received from all our friends, but our traveling companion list will be pretty limited due to the lengths of the routes we plan on taking. I kinda doubt we will be accepting any female travelers unless we have known each other for a really long time due to the tight quarters, etc.  I know guys can go for a couple of days without a warm shower, plus it could be an awkward situation that I really don’t want to have to deal with.  Sorry my female peeps, nothing personal. L

With that being said, let’s hear from you guys what you might want to do. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  Dorothy’s doggie                     Answer:  ??


Previous Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  A former US spy plane                        Answer: U2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clue: This was a 70’s game show that played in the afternoon after school with a wild & hip looking set hosted by Jim Lange and later revived in the 80’s with Chuck Woolery, with the popular phrase, “And… here… they are.”                         

Answer: ???

Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:

Sidekick Artemus Gordon
Living on the rails
Derringer up his sleeve
Great theme song
Robert Conrad

What was the name of this popular 1960’s TV show?   Answer: Wild, Wild West

Congrats again to Tim B for correctly responding to two of the three trivia questions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Question: What was the very first brand new car I ever bought?

Answer:  ??

Previous How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Question:  What was my first car I ever owned and drove in high school?

Answer:  A 1966 Ford Mustang

Nobody guessed this correctly. Nobody knows me that well I guess… L
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You should listen to Snoopy when she says to, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment