Thursday, March 27, 2014

26 Mar 14


3.26.14                                                                                   Countdown =  R - 286 Days


1.     For What It’s Worth

I jumped on my bicycle and headed down the street towards work early this morning before I realized that the ground looked wet.  Looking at my weather apps, one says 10% chance of rain and the other says 40% chance.  That is a big difference if you ask me. I think I tend to believe the 40% chance more than the 10% chance, since it is already wet out. I guess we need the rain to help deter the fire season coming later in the year.  It felt good to ride in the cool & crisp early morning air today. A great workout and a great way to start the day!

Well, we have another ride along passenger for our road trip next year possibly.  My good buddy Robert has shown some interest in riding along with us as we travel these back roads of America.  Robert and I have been camping together in the past (Yosemite) and we both get along well with each other, so he is a good candidate for sharing part of this adventure. Plus he has been retired now for about 15 months and he could use some time on the road away from home and he knows that we will be in no hurry.  It will cut into his daily golf game, but it is good to get away from the golf game for a while, and all those lies he tells. His golf nickname should be changed to Captain Mulligan… Heh heh J

I had a friend who apparently must have seen some recent photo of me online, maybe on Facebook, and she said that I kinda looked like Alec Baldwin.  That was the first time I ever heard that one before. I have heard from others before that I looked like Jimmy Johnson (football coach not NASCAR driver), “The Dude” in the film The Big Lebowski (aka Jeff Daniels), one of the Bridges brothers (Jeff or Beau, I forget), and once someone told me I looked like some character actor who’s name I have long forgotten.  I myself never thought any of that, but when more than one person says that, then maybe so. What the heck do I know anyway, right?

Peeps now a days use so many abbreviations that it is hard to keep up.  It is like when you work on an aerospace project and everyone uses acronyms and initials for all the components.  The new people are so lost at the beginning.  I remember many years ago we had a new Colonel in charge and peeps in this big meeting were using so many acronyms and initials for this and that. I recognized that lost look on his face and I went quickly back to my office and got him a cheat sheet with most of that stuff on it. He looked at me and said thank you so much!  I just smiled and nodded my head.  I scored a big one for the kid that day!  J

I liked all my Quality Assurance jobs so much more than I do working in the Logistics field.  I was really good at those QA jobs and as far as Logistics goes, I do okay I guess.  That does not mean that I like the job, it is more like toleration really.  I would not want to do this for any more years than I already have. If I was still in QA, I still might want to continue to work.  Not so much with the Logistics field. I never wanted to do this as a career, but I basically had no choice to tell you the truth. I’ll be glad when it is all over, as you can probably tell by now. J
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clue: Not us, but ________        Answer:?



Previous Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  Dorothy’s doggie                     Answer:  Toto

Congrats to Robert C for responding correctly to the Alternate Name Game question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

This 1960’s TV show had terrible ratings when it first ran and was almost cancelled. It developed a huge following during syndication because it had to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Clues:                                      Answer:  ??

NC 1701
Bones
Sulu
James T. Kirk


Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clue: This was a 70’s game show that played in the afternoon after school with a wild & hip looking set hosted by Jim Lange and later revived in the 80’s with Chuck Woolery, with the popular phrase, “And… here… they are.”                         

Answer: The Dating Game
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Question: What color is the paint on Linus, my VW Westfalia Deluxe Camper Bus?

Answer:  ??


Previous How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Question: What was the very first brand new car I ever bought?

Answer:  a 1979 Chevy Z-28 Camaro (thanks to Eddie and his Dad, Mr Mikan!)

Nobody again guessed this correctly… L
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy is always saying to, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment