Friday, March 14, 2014

Old Hippie For Peace


1. For What It’s Worth                                                          296 Calendar Days left


Well, it’s finally a Friday and I am looking forward to sleeping in this weekend, at least for a couple of days. J

Born too late

I really think I was born maybe 5-10 years late, just because I feel such a strong affinity to the hippie lifestyle, music, etc.  I love music from the 60s and early 70s, I drive a VW Hippie Bus, and I am one of the most liberal people I know.  Is this wrong to feel this way?  It seems like I missed out on being who I am. I feel out of place most of the time and long to be around people who think the way I do.  I have had many people call me a hippie and I do not take offense to that one bit. In fact, I take it as a complement actually.  I try to love my fellow man in all I do, except maybe during freeway driving.  Even then, I try to understand people may be in a hurry or are maybe late for some appointment, or they are just idiots or bad drivers, most likely the latter.

Anyway, I could listen to all the old 60s and 70s music all day and never miss any of the new stuff coming out today.  There is good stuff coming out, but I am highly selective and I like what I like. Music is an important part of my life more than almost any other social stimulus including TV, theatre, films, internet, etc. I have four different iPods filled with my music, including the one in my iphone and my music library in my MacBook Air laptop. I have to have my music. When I used to travel lots for work, I had an iPod, which really saved my sanity sitting in airports and airplanes for hours on end. I don’t mind half of life’s waiting games as long as I have my tunes to get me through it all.  It does keep me sane and mentally occupied. Thank you Apple, Inc for all your great inventions!  God Speed, Steve Jobs!

Lately I have been playing some oldie bands such as Buffalo Springfield, Three Dog Night, and Tommy James and the Shondells. They can be considered a cross between folk music/rock music/and even psychedelic music. Like I said, I must have been born kinda late.

Now let’s talk about Facebook. FB is a double-edged sword really. On one hand, it is a great tool to keep in touch with friends and family.  I never would of found some of these people I consider friends that I had lost touch with years ago without FB. For that, I am thankful.  It is great to hear from peeps back home and those spread out all over this globe. It is sad when you do find out bad news such as when a friend passes away, but otherwise you would never have known that had occurred. I have found out about dear friends that have passed away through FB, and some of these people had touched my life in a meaningful way that they may not have ever known. I feel slighted that I never got to tell them thanks for being there for me and for being a friend to me when I needed one.  It may not have even been a big deal to them, but it was a big deal to me that they showed me kindness when they really did not have to.  God speed to all my recently departed friends! I’ll see you on the other side!

With all that being said, I need to write me up a will so I will be prepared for that fateful day when my number finally comes up.  I don’t currently have a house, all I have is some miscellaneous stuff, you know the normal stuff we all have, plus my 911 Carrera Coupe (Joe Cool) and my VW bus, Linus. I do plan on keeping them both for life but I am not too sure who to leave these two vehicles to.

I really love these two vehicles so much and I try to take the best care of them that I can, like they are my babies. I would hate for them to just fall into total disrepair due to being neglected by someone being irresponsible or not as passionate as I am towards these precious vehicles.  I have babied these vehicles with tons of TLC and have put a lot of blood, seat and tears as well as time and thousands of dollars rebuilding, restoring and customizing them to be as good and reliable as they can be. 

So, I solicit your ideas for what I should do.  Should I donate them to a worthy cause? I welcome your thoughts, ideas or suggestions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  Vision-challenged Belief        Answer:   ?????

Last Post’s Alternate Band Name Game Answer

Clue: Windy City            Answer:  Chicago  (duh!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:

Cone of Silence
Agent 86 & 99
Sunbeam Tiger convertible

Answer:   ????

Last Post’s TV Trivia Game Answer

Answer:  Lost In Space
--------------------------------------------------------


Snoopy leads by example, and she wants you all to “Bark Less & Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment