Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday, March 10, 2015


Photo above is NOT Snoopy, just another cute dog photo!

1. For What It’s Worth

Good grief, it’s Monday morning once again. Ugh! It will be nice to have more daylight when we get out of work. I love Daylight Savings Time!  Eat it, Arizona!

Thursday, my Friday last week, after work, my bicycle broke down on the way home. Apparently my gear derailleur malfunctioned and broke a cable and also damaged my chain. It was a long walk home and I now appreciate the speed of a bicycle. On Friday morning I took it into a repair shop and after @ $150 worth of repairs, she was good to go. I also had a tune-up performed since I never had one done and I bought this bike brand new in 1991 or 1992. This morning on the ride in she seemed to be back to her old self again.

I love shopping on-line. It is so convenient because all you have to do is click on here and there and it arrives at your door before you know it. I recently bought some new shorts since I rarely wear jeans or long pants and also some things for Linus such as an outdoor floor mat, another cargo net for stowage, a new hammock and a few other miscellaneous items.  I also bought a pocket fisherman fishing pole off of another webpage. Yes, it is the same one as they used to sell on TV. I figure some day during our road trip I might want to try my hand at fishing, so I broke down and invested $25.00 in one. You never know, right?

I remember when I first got my Porsche in the year 2000, I was online buying all kinds of things for it. That was back when I had money in my pocket and not married with a huge mortgage or paying alimony. I bought new interior door handles with custom Porsche crests inlaid, leather mirror covers to protect the paint, a car cover, a harness bar for racing, plush sheepskin seat covers for the front bucket seats, new gear shift knob, aluminum racing pedals, Pro Tech Performance Monitoring unit, a new Electronic Control Chip (ECU) for the computer that alters the horsepower to European specs, an anti-roll bar for better handling, and miscellaneous other items just for fun.  I guess when you first get a nice sports car, you go overboard and buy a bunch of things for it and for yourself.  Now I guess I should really sell a bunch of these things since I probably don’t need half of them. I will keep anything that applies to vehicle performance, the rest I plan to sell.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

2. Musical Band Alternate Name Game

Clue:    Large slab of baked ground beef                  Answer:  ?????

Last Post’s Musical Band Alternate Name Game

Clue: = A very flat prairie state       Answer:  Kansas

--------------------------------------------------------
3. Television Trivia

Clues:                                      Answer: ???

Robinson Family
Jupiter II
Dr Smith
Robot companion

----------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do We Know Each Other?

This is a new feature we are proposing to play. I ask you guys a question about myself, and you provide me an answer.  In turn, you also tell me your response to that question about yourself.

For example: 

My Question:  What beverage does Michael drink in the morning?

Your Answer to my Question:  Coffee

Your Response to My Question:  I drink orange juice (or whatever)…

See how it works?  Okay, here we go…

My Question:  If I could visit any continent, what continent would that be?

Your Answer to my Question: 

Your Response to My Question: 

--------------------------------------------------------


Snoopy leads by example, and she wants you all to “Bark Less & Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment