Thursday, March 13, 2014

Throw Back Thursday





1. For What It’s Worth

Today is TBT (Throw Back Thursday) and I sent out a couple of photos of nephews on Facebook recognizing today’s theme.  If you saw them, I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did! J

I have been in contact with a guy named Matt who did a year long road trip in his VW Westfalia, similar to our planned trip next year.  We have been asking him lots of questions concerning our trip planning efforts. I am glad there are plenty of people like me that want to cruise these US back roads and check out the sights, sounds, and tastes of America, the Beautiful! 

I suggest we all sing “America The Beautiful” rather than “God Bless America” at sporting events.  I believe “America The Beautiful” is a much better song to sing.  It is colorful and more descriptive of our nation and her assets as well as just a more pleasant, uplifting song to sing.  And really, shouldn’t God bless Americans rather than our country?  Just saying! J

I love shopping online. I hate going shopping to the mall or wherever. On a whim, I saw a remote controlled toy helicopter online the other day that was pretty cheap so I bought it. I am a kid at heart anyways, right?  It has lights on the front that flash alternating red and blue, which seems to bug Snoopy.  It takes like 45 minutes to charge and then it only has maybe 5 minutes of constant flight time before it needs recharging.  It arrived yesterday so I was playing around with it trying to get my controlled flight operations consistent. Snoopy does not care for it too much as she kept hiding in her box (carrier) where she feels safe and secure. I was crashing all over the place with this thing and it takes some getting used to. 

Playing with my new toy did cut into my guitar practice time, which is not a good thing. I need to learn some new chords each week as I promised myself and I am still working on my chord transitions. I guess I can practice when the helo is recharging. It is a good thing I can fly fixed wing aircraft. That rotorcraft flight would take some serious practice I would imagine.

I also bought some clothes online through Old Navy and I think I may have ordered the wrong sizes once again. I need to learn that some items shrink when washed and dried, even if I use the lower heat dryer settings. I think I can still exchange them through the mail, which would be nice. The nearest Old Navy store is quite a distance away, so my mail or UPS I need to return it.  Apparently they provide you with a prepaid return label for such an issue, which I need to check for.  I must remember to buy clothes a size bigger than I need.  Maybe I was just being overly optimistic?  Doh!  J

If you are reading this, please go to the bottom of this page and click on the comment section and leave you name. We would really like to have an idea of who is actually reading our blog posts.  If you could do this for us, that would be a great help to us!  Thanks! J

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  Windy City            Answer: ????



Last Post’s Alternate Band Name Game Answer

Clue:  Slab of baked ground beef     Answer:  Meatloaf


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. How Well Do You Know Me?

This is a new feature we are proposing to play. I ask you guys a question about myself, and you provide me an answer.  In turn, you also tell me your response to that question about yourself.

For example

My Question:  What beverage does Michael drink in the morning?

Your Answer to my Question:  Michael drinks coffee in the morning

Your Response to My Question:  I drink orange juice (or whatever)…

See how it works?  Okay, here we go…

My Question:  If I, Michael, could visit any continent, what continent would that be?

Your Answer to my Question

Your Response to My Question

--------------------------------------------------------


Snoopy leads by example, and she wants you all to “Bark Less & Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment