Thursday, March 20, 2014

TBT, March 20, 2014



1. For What It’s Worth

I have been having so many technical difficulties lately with my iphone and my laptop trying to access the Internet, etc., my frustration level has been quite high. It took me about an hour yesterday just to post our blog submittal. I think the server or something has been causing a lot of these issues lately. Then later in the day it began to work quickly and reliably. I wonder what the heck is going on lately?

My new friend, Matt, has been on the road in his VW Vanagon for over a year now traveling all over this continent. He also posts a blog, but unlike me, he has multiple talents such as writing and photography.  I have to work hard at both of those disciplines. I must study the processes to hone and sharpen any natural skills I might have.  He has provided me with a lot of lessons learned, thoughtful insights, and a lot of faith in the journey that has bred an inspirational willingness to go out and do this. 

He is quite the minimalist and just goes with the flow of where the road and experience takes him. I am a little more of a pragmatist and I like to plan for the worst thing that could happen. I want to bring a generator/inverter to have power wherever I go. He did not take one opting to rough it. I like to have that option that night I might be freezing and I want a heater to make it more desirable. He is quite younger than me, so I’ll just chalk that up to his youth and to my experience (or wisdom?).  Geez, I have so many things I have accumulated for this trip. I have appliances such as a microwave oven, coffee maker, and portable heater, even a stand-alone air conditioner that I am seriously thinking of leaving behind. It really takes up too much valuable floor space. I also have a Radio Flyer red wagon with rubber inflatable tires I use to shuttle heavy things such as my generator, firewood and misc supplies. I can lift a lot, but that comes with a serious price with a broken back.  Living with chronic pain does suck almost every day of my life.

I also like the way he writes his blog. He personalizes it by acting like he is actually writing to one person, giving his readers a pseudonym he calls “Kyle”.  I like that idea, but can’t use the name Kyle because that is my nephew’s name.  I’ll have to think of one before I go, that’s for sure.  Any suggestions?

I’m taking Snoopy out tonight so she can socialize a bit with all of her fans and friends.  She is better known and loved than I ever can or will be.  She is a well-known celebrity here in El Segundo.  As I have mentioned before, she is well loved by many peeps here locally. J   Me, Snoopy’s Butler, not so much really. L

Usually when I write, I have my iPod music plugged into my ears and brain.  It helps me concentrate and focus without external input from things going on around me. I like to put it in “shuffle” mode to get surprised what comes up. I’m sure when I am on the road and out in the great outdoors that may change.  I like to sit quietly a lot of times and just listen to Mother Nature and what she has to offer at different locations.  She was the first iPod anyways, right?  A few years ago when the ex and me were back in the Midwest, we never had the radio on one time. We enjoyed the views, the experience and each other’s company.  I hope Snoopy doesn’t get bored with me talking to her on our road trip.  She won’t have too much choice I reckon. I will have a captive audience sort of like when the Captain of the airplane gets on the intercom with the volume set to full blast to wake you up so you can look out the window to see some landmark you have no interest in seeing again.  Sometimes when I talk to her she tilts her head sideways like she is saying, “WTF are you talking about?” or “Are you still talking?”

I think Snoopy was up on my bed yesterday while I was at work.  I’ll have to try and sneak in the apartment to catch her up there. She has always stayed off of it before, so I am not too sure what she was doing up on there.  She has been good about staying off of it. Maybe since I have been letting her come up on the couch she thinks she can go up on anything.  I will still kick her behind from here to Timbuktu if she keeps up her poor behavior. She is pretty sneaky at times.  Also, if there is any of my food involved, even if it was a napkin I used, she will try to get to it and chew it up for some reason. I guess it is the smell of food that is on it? I gotta try to stop her from doing that by keeping all of that out of her reach.  What a pain…

I went out for lunch today with a friend, Aaron, that I had not seen in a while.  He used to work here full time but now only on a part time basis.  He still lives here locally (Redondo Beach) but I only get to see him maybe every six months or so here at work for a couple of weeks then he is gone again.  We went to Rock & Brews and both had the Tri Tip Sandwiches, which were good but severely overpriced.  You know that Gene (Gene Simmons is half owner) has to get his big money from everyone. You can never have enough millions I guess. Keep raping the public, Gene.  There are still a few pennies left in our pockets. $32 something, plus tip… we each threw down a twenty and hit the road back to work, riding in style in my friend’s sweet black H2 Hummer.  It is good to be the king!  J

----------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  New England Metropolis       Answer: ?????
                                               

Previous Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:   Indigo Nomad                            Answer: Blues Traveler

Congrats to Tim B once again for answering correctly!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Snoopy’s butler has been compared to this genius, by more than one person. I hope it is because of his sarcasm and wit, and not for also being an ass (which is a possibility!).

Clues: 

Wilson
Thirteen
Foreman
Cuddy
Cane

What is the name of this TV show & Character?????

Answer:  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Question:  Everybody knows my friends call me “Michael J”.   What does the middle initial “J” stand for in my name?

Answer: ??????

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy says to Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment