Monday, December 2, 2013

The First Monday in December 2013…

The First Monday in December 2013…

Today’s music trivia contest is a guy that has a very loyal following of fans.  These folks arrive early for his concerts and tailgate extensively.  They even bring their own sand to make their own beach, palm trees, umbrellas and beach chairs to properly tailgate and drink cocktails and beers.  His loyal followers are referred to as “Parrothead’s” and they always attend his concerts when he comes to town.  Known for his kickback lifestyle as a partying sailor of Florida and the Caribbean area, he is also known for not allowing other artists not to play his songs for a profit.  His many hits include, “Changes in Latitude”, “Fins”, “Cheeseburger in Paradise” and “Margaritaville” have made him a household name.  Can you name this highly successful musician and songwriter?

We took some days off last week from our blog post due to the long holiday weekend celebration.  I spent a lot of quality time lounging on the sofa watching TV shows I had Tivo’d.  Snoopy got a bit spoiled this past weekend being allowed to sit on my lap while watching TV.  Some days you just have to break the rules to live life just a bit differently.  I really did eat pretty well this past weekend and reveled in the fact that the food was so good.  I tried not to overeat, but it was a bit difficult when all the food tasted so good.  Loving the leftovers also!

As I had mentioned previously, I plan to start riding my bicycle as an alternate to driving short distances and I am hoping to get in better shape with this change of lifestyle.  I have about one year to retirement and I have a lot of weight to shed as well getting back in shape without going to the gym or any fad diets.  I have never seen a fat person riding a bicycle.  Twenty years ago I rode a bike almost daily and was in pretty good shape.  This practice should help me with my bad back with a low impact exercise I can do on a daily basis.  I am planning to start this routine tonight by getting some air in my tires and ensuring the headlight and taillight both work. I might have to get up a few minutes earlier to ensure I get to work on time.  

Need to put some air in my tires so I can ride that bike tomorrow.  I also have a beach cruiser with a small gas engine on it they called a Whizzer. It is a generic brand and not the original Whizzer model.  I might start riding that also after I build up some stamina in my legs and rear end.  My work is between 2 – 3 miles I estimate, and the terrain is pretty flat, so it should not take that much time or that much exertion on my part.  I need to weigh myself and take some measurements to check my progress.  I just know the rainy season will soon be upon us and that will not be too fun then. I hope it holds off for a while so I can get in some what a good condition.

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment