Friday, December 13, 2013

Second Friday in December, 2013…


Second Friday in December, 2013…

Today’s music trivia is a detour from our usual rock and roll bands that we normally feature.  Today’s featured artist is pretty much a jazz trumpet player, singer and worldwide performer that became the unofficial ambassador for the United States.  His soulful singing voice and excellent trumpet playing made him a household name. His rendition of, “It’s a Wonderful World” still brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.  Nicknamed “Satchmo”, this performer was one of a kind. Can you name this iconic jazz musical performer who passed away in the early 1970s?

The other day I was reading my owner’s manual again for my Porsche 911 Carrera and I saw an interesting notation in the specifications.  It states that you must slow down to 122 MPH before downshifting.  Most cars people drive can’t even get their speed up to 122, let alone having to slow down to that speed before downshifting.  Does anyone out there have that notation highlighted in their specification section of their owner’s manual?  I’m guessing not so much.  J

Snoopy and I went to the tavern last night and we were aggressively greeted by a local guy who was drunk on his ass.  Him and I don’t get along very well because he was one of the first professional beach volleyball players and he thinks the world of himself.  I myself think beach volleyball is a chick’s sport and his ugly ass should of never been on a beach volleyball court ever.  He should of played a man’s sport like hockey and then he can feel like he played an actual sport.  This guy Tim gets belligerent when he’s drunk and I was sober when I first saw him and I just wanted to clean his clock.  All night he was going on and on, and I really just wanted to make him go away or put him to sleep with a right cross.  My friends said it was not worth it and then someone got him to go inside finally.

Later on I went to the restroom and when I came back some girl had taken Snoopy by the leash I was trying to steal her saying that she needed to be better treated or some hogwash.  My friend went down and grabbed the leash from her and she started babbling something out of her drunk ass mouth.  I was wondering, what is this?  Amateur drunk night out?  Needless to say I wanted to kick this girl’s ass trying to steal my puppy dog.  Then I figured I needed a couple of shots after all this turmoil.  WTF was going on this night?

Today I slept in until 8:30 AM, which I rarely do.  It felt good to do so.  Snoopy tried waking me earlier in the morning, but I wouldn’t have it.  I was going to enjoy sleeping in for at least one day.  When I finally got up I found a mess in the living room and evidence of Snoopy eating my leftovers from last night.  The paper bag my food was in was shredded and all over the floor.  Well, I took all of that mess and put it inside Snoopy’s box, her carrier that is basically her dog house, then I made her go sit in it for at least an hour with all the trash in it.  Anyways, I left all that mess in her box all day, so now maybe she will get the hint.  I also put back on her training collar to reinforce by wishes and my commands.  We see how things go for a few days.

Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment