Monday, December 30, 2013

The week Between the Holidays…


The week Between the Holidays…

Toda’s music trivia is an American Southern Rock band with that familiar sound that could be confused with Lynard Skynard, The Allman Brothers, 38 Special or even the Rossington-Collins Band.  I first saw them perform live at the Summer Blowout held in the LA Coliseum back in 1980 along with five other bands.  With their 4 guitarists all lined up in a row, they certainly rocked the dump that day.  Their big hit were “Whiskey Man, “Gator Country” and their most famous, “Flirtin’ with Disaster” got a lot of airplay, especially during the 80s. Their album covers were all done by the same artist in with a Middle-Earth fantasy theme.  Can you name this rockin’ band?

The week before Christmas, I lost my wallet with all my credit cards, ATM card, Health Care card, Costco Membership, and all the other associated cards.  Needless to say this is a nightmare and I have to stop/cancel all my cards and order new ones.  Some I still have to get new ones.  But losing my credit cards and ATM card all at the same time just before the holidays was terrible. I also have my rent check automatically sent to my landlord, but it somehow sent it out prematurely on Dec 23 (I guess because of the holidays), and I was stuck with only the small amount of cash I had on hand.  I’m talking less than $30 in my pocket until I get those other cards back. 

If I ever claim to have women all figured out, someone please come up and slap the living crap out of me. You know they must be pretty pissed off at you if they even refuse to talk or even text you back.  WTF is a guy to do?

On Dec 23, I finally received my new credit card in the mail so I could at least send my Goddaughter Gina Marie a gift electronically.  There were a couple of more peeps I wanted to al least send a Christmas card to so I could let them know they were especially in my thoughts.  After taking some meds and laying down on the couch to rest my back a bit on Christmas Eve afternoon, I drifted off to sleep and I woke up in the early evening wondering what had happened.  I realized that I drifted off earlier and had taken a three-hour nap, so I decided just to settle in for the evening and hang with Snoopy, totally forgetting about the Christmas cards I wanted to pick up. I guess I really disappointed a couple of people close to me and I apologize for that. I do plan to hopefully make it up to them in the next few days.

A good friend of mine sent me the new iPod Nano for Christmas.  I wonder how do they make them so small and thin?  Those Apple designers really have it going on. It was a very nice thing to do and I really appreciate it very much!  I like it! J

My next-door neighbors brought me over a gift also for Snoopy and me.  I opened it up and it is a mini quilt with Snoopy and Peanuts characters all over it on one side and a black & white checkerboard pattern like a Checkered Flag on the other.  How cool was that? I didn’t even think they liked me that much.  Needless to say I was shocked and pleased!

I did get some Christmas cards from family and close friends.  I felt bad this year due to being so very broke and not being able to send some gifts like I wanted to. I guess I can send some things later after I get some cash back in my pocket.  I hope they understand my current financial situation.  I can’t wait until the day I have all my court fees, attorney fees, and my alimony payments are paid off and completely I am done with this nightmare. Then I get to work on my Visa bill that is well over $18,000.  What happened to the days I used to walk around every day with at least $300 in my pocket for just-in-case purchases?  I really miss those days gone by…

I often wonder, who exactly reads these blog posts?  I usually find out by people who end up commenting in a FB post or maybe by a text or some electronically delivered message.  There are so many ways to do it these days, including E-mails, FB posts, phone texts, FB Messenger, Twitter, etc.  Tell me what you like, and what you don’t like.  Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.  Please, fill us in… J

I am back at work today after having more that half of last week off.  Not too many people here again today, which is nice.  I like it when most people are not here at work.  It makes it so much nicer not having to deal with them on days like this.  It is just like a little extra Christmas cheer being spread around here today, which is nice!

New Years Eve (NYE) has never been a big deal to me over the years.  During most of them I have been pretty melancholy often reflecting upon the prior year and the events that had transpired.  Most NYE I really don’t go out partying like some big celebration because I feel like it is amateur night out with all kinds of people drinking in excess.  Even last year when I was back home in Chicago I think I went to bed about 10:30 PM just because I was tired. Unless I am with someone special I really don’t care to be out in public.  It is a time to reflect and I am usually not in a great mood, so I choose to stay at home.  I am not sure what I’ll be doing this NYE, since I have not really decided as of yet.  Maybe I’ll go to the tavern or maybe I’ll just stay at home with Snoopy.  I am still undecided.  Any suggestions?

I am actually working all week except on NY Day as it is a holiday. I would probably work on it if they would allow us to come in on that day.  The only reason I would need that day off is if I was hung over, otherwise I would not mind spending that day at work and using that day for a vacation day later during the year.

So, was Santa good to you all?  I hope so.  I’m kinda glad the holidays are almost over. They are usually a little depressing to me and I usually look forward to them being over.  I do enjoy how people decorate except those that go way overboard.  There is a fine line between classy and trashy and a little less is always better. If it takes you weeks to decorate, you have gone way overboard! Just a little holiday decorations is probably the best way to go overall.

As Snoopy says… Bark Less ad Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb 

No comments:

Post a Comment