Monday, December 23, 2013

The Day Before Christmas Eve…


The Day Before Christmas Eve…

Today’s music trivia is a very talented artist, singer and songwriter who got her start playing in lesbian bars around Los Angeles.  Discovered by Island Records in about 1985, she actually contributed background vocals to Don Henley’s album, “The End of the Innocence”.  Her mainstream breakthrough album, “Yes I Am” released in 1993, featured the hit songs, “Come to my Window” and “I’m the Only One”, which got plenty of airplay.  Winning multiple Grammy awards, can you name this female heartland rock performer?

I have been writing a lot lately.  A lot of my writing never makes it out there because I have been trying hard to censor myself, especially what I write for public viewing.  I’ve been told that I put a lot of myself out there, maybe too many private things, which I have been trying to limit lately in my writing.  I also seem to piss some people off at times when I write certain things, which is totally unintentional. Like I have said before, when I write it usually is auto pilot writing, it just comes out as I think of it.  Sorry!  I apologize for any insensitive things I may write unintentionally.

Last night I found out that one of our residents here has breast cancer.  People were showing their support for her by getting their heads shaved in a show of unity and support.  I thought about doing it also, but decided not to because my head does not look good shaved, plus I have a lot of scars on my head.  Oh, I have done it in the past, but I just wasn’t feeling it, so I declined.  Also, if I shaved my head people will find the Jack O’Lantern drawn on my head from that one Halloween many years ago!

Today at work it is very slow and quiet here because most people are gone for the holidays.  In my organization, there are only three of us out of twelve or so here today and tomorrow.  It sure makes the atmosphere here a lot more tolerable than normal.  So today I am surfing the web on my own Apple laptop and also penning my blog post you are now reading.   

On You Tube, I am watching a video with Dan Ackroyd and he is talking “Unplugged” about UFOs.  He is very articulate in science as well as comedy.  His knowledge is astounding and he really seems to know what he is talking about.  He is an intelligent, well-spoken individual with his own UFO experience.  I myself think we would be quite a arrogant species to think that out of all the billions and billions of galaxies out there that we are the only intelligent beings alive.  What a narrow-minded planet of people we would be thinking we are the top of the food chain in all of the heavenly bodies out there.  I, for one, believe we are not alone!

The other day a friend of mine had her cell phone stolen when she was shopping at K-Mart.  Someone took it right out of her cart while she was looking at something on a shelf.  She was pretty broken up about it and I know money is tight, so I gave her my old iphone4 that I was planning on selling to someone else.  It felt good to do something nice for someone during this holiday season. Her little son, Zachary is a cute little guy and he reminds me of myself what I was a kid. He is blonde with a round head like mine was, and he resembles Charlie Brown. So I call him CB-3. He is such a cutie and we have a good time with him. He also loves Snoopy, appropriately!

Tomorrow is my favorite day of the year, Christmas Eve.  The anticipation of the next day is always the best feeling in the world.  Anticipation!  It is a powerful feeling.  That is why I like the day before Christmas much better than the actual day of Christmas.  On Christmas Eve, all the gifts are still wrapped under the tree. People are full of joy and good cheer. Kids are on their best behavior. There is lots of love for others being spread by people.  It’s a win-win situation for everyone!
So, go out there and spread the holiday cheer to someone who desperately needs it.  You just may make their holiday more tolerable.  Many people are depressed and lonely during the holiday season and it is one of the highest seasons for suicides, so love your fellow man. You just might save someone from an unthinkable act.

Love your fellow man!  Love one another!

Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment