Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The second Wednesday in December 2013…


The second Wednesday in December 2013…

Today’s music trivia is a rock band that shocked the public and got popular in the late 1980s with their album, “Vivid” and their hit songs, “Cult of Personality”, “What’s your Favourite Color” and “Glamour Boys”.  The name of this band had a conflict with a TV show with the same name in the early 1990s.  Shockingly, an all-black member band, these guys show that rock and roll is not just a white man’s musical genre.  Can you name this rock & roll band?

Well, today I again rode my bicycle into work and I had noticed that my rear tire was a bit low.  So I went to the gas station here on the base and went over to the air compressor machine and turned it on.  I then attempted to fill it up with air until I noticed that it was not working properly and all the air had escaped leaving me with a flat rear tire.   Luckily I had a hand pump in case of emergency which gave me enough air to hopefully ride it all the way home.  I was hoping this was not the precursor to what was to become of the day.  My buddy David said he was coming this way in his pickup truck and he will give me a ride home, so that is cool. J

I hope all my friends living back in the Midwest and Rocky Mountain area are all surviving the cold winter storm and snow.  I have always loved the snow but I have always hated the bitter cold.  As I get older my joints in my body tend to swell and stiffen up when the temperature drops.  I do like it cold, but I don’t like to be cold.  I do savor our great weather here in Southern California and I never take it for granted. I do cherish the great weather days when it is so beautiful out!  It is hard to find better weather than we have here.  We here basically have 335 days of sunshine and maybe 30 days of inclimate weather, which does not suck.  We are spoiled and I love it! 

Gonna go out tonight with my buddy for some cold ones.  I know Snoopy will want to go, but I am doubting that we will take her because then we will have to sit outside and babysit her, which is okay some of the time, but maybe not today.  I hope it does not rain these next few days because I have a 4-day weekend. I had to take off work tomorrow to go see my attorney and Friday is my rotating day off, so it will be a nice break from the workplace.

Snoopy always says, Wag More & Bark Less…

Until next time... Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment