Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday, December 16, 2013…


Monday, December 16, 2013…

Today’s music trivia is one of the first Southern Rock bands of all time and probably the most thought of when someone refers to Southern Rock.  Their music and songs are an anthem to most Rednecks and their distain for Neil Young still runs strong through their fans even today.  Their music is on every jukebox south of the Mason-Dixon line and it is played most definitely every day.  It seems when a rock band is playing live at a venue, some joker in the audience yells their request of “Freebird” each and every night.  Even though 3 members were killed in a plane accident back in 1977 during their height in popularity, they continue to play and record today.  Can you name this Southern Rock band?

Between alimony payments, attorney fees and various court fees, this year I am so broke it is sad.  I might manage to get a gift for my Goddaughter Gina Marie, but other than that funds are pretty low this year.  And to top it all off, the other night I lost my wallet with my ATM access and all my credit cards.  So, all this morning I was busy contacting businesses and cancelling all these cards.  What an additional hassle this turned out to be that I did not need. 

Today is our office Christmas get-together where we all bring white elephant gifts around $10 and we go though the picking gifts process.  Last year I ended up with an Los Angeles Angels baseball jersey.  Even though it was just a knockoff, it was the best gift I believe in the whole group.  A few years ago I got a nice BBQ tool set. I remember about 10 years ago I got a woman’s G-string with glitter novelty gift.  This year I brought a Guinness tall hat you might wear for Oktoberfest to throw into the process.  We usually get released early after we eat pizza and whatever, so that will be nice to go home early.

Yesterday my Miami Dolphins beat the New England Patriots in a close game 24-20.  It was one of the few games I actually watched in the past few years. For some reason I have not been that interested in watching much football for a while.  I guess I just burned out wasting all my time on Sundays watching sports.  It was fun watching the game yesterday since the score was so close all day.  We barely pulled out a win over a team we had not beat in seven games in a row.  We have beat teams this year that we were picked to lose, but it is nice to be the spoilers for once!  J

Snoopy says, Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment