Tuesday, December 3, 2013

First Tuesday in December, 2013…


First Tuesday in December, 2013…

Today I started a new chapter in my life and began riding my bicycle into work.  This way I get the exercise I need to drop some weight and I also have a better chance of staying healthy.  It is only about a 2-mile ride one way but I sure felt it this morning. Luckily it is a pretty flat course with only one hill, but my body just was not used to it.  After work  today I’ll find out if I had a slight downhill grade on the way in since I’ll be going back home the same way.  It felt like some pretty easy pedaling for much of the ride.  I bet it is going to be harder on the way home.  We will keep you posted.

Today’s musical trivia contest is a UK artist who’s easy listening style has been around since the late 70s I believe. His many hits include, “Breaking us in Two”, “Steppin’ Out”, “Sunday Papers”, and “Is She Really Going Out With Him?”  Can you name this easy listening UK artist?

I went outside during lunch and noticed a slight tailwind for my ride home on the bicycle. Funny, I would of never noticed that before riding the bike in, but today I could use it.  I need to also dig out some small bungee cords for my pants legs to keep them away from the chain while pedaling.  I need to get some new batteries for the headlight assembly.  The old batteries leaked and corroded the inside of the headlight, so I brushed the damaging acid away and then treated it with some baking soda to neutralize the effect of the harmful acid. Hopefully it should still work fine because I really don’t want to have to go buy a new one. 

Next I need to break out my Whizzer, which is a beach cruiser with a small two-stroke gasoline engine on it, sort of like a moped. It requires no license, no insurance, no helmet.  Just pedal and drop the clutch for a one speed motorized bicycle experience.  I haven’t ridden that in well over a year I estimate.  Time to break it out I guess and see how it runs.

I have noticed that since we have not been going down to the beach, our blog posts tend to be much shorter than they were before.  I think the early sunsets have a contributing factor to this process as I tend to complete and post them before I leave the office to head home.  I’m sure when the days start getting longer here in a few weeks the length of these blog posts will increase in proportion.  But that remains to be seen.

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb     

No comments:

Post a Comment