Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Last Tuesday before Thanksgiving


Last Tuesday before Thanksgiving…

Today’s music trivia is an iconic rock and roll artist who broke new ground as a guitar player and has never been equaled since he played in the late sixties and very early seventies.  His early and untimely death at the young age of 27 was mirrored by the departure of Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison, both who died at the tender age of 27 also. This guitar god has never been mimicked or copied in his style or expertise. His guitar rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner was chastised by much of the public at the time but was later revered as one of the best versions ever to be heard. His stage presence was second to none with lighting his guitar on fire or playing it with his tongue, but his rampant drug use got the best of him in the end.  Can you name this legendary guitar virtuoso?

Last night was the Holiday Pet Photo Shoot at the tavern here in El Segundo and Snoopy got her photo taken with me.  Next time I need to check my hair before I get a photo taken. It was hideous!  Anyway, besides that the photo came out okay I guess.  They say the camera puts on 50 pounds, right?  I need to get my fat butt on a diet or serious exercise routine.  Geez… Snoopy looked good as always since she has always been photogenic and I have never been photogenic so I look as well as can be expected.  I’ll have to figure out how to add a photo onto these blog posts so you can see our holiday photo.

I just completed a blog photo post test and it seemed to work, so maybe I’ll be able to add photos to our future blog posts?  We can only hope I’ll have the capability.

Today for lunch I got a sandwich from Jersey Mike’s, a new sub shop that recently opened nearby.  I was so hungry I wolfed it down only to over stuff myself like a Thanksgiving meal.  I so wanted to take a nap afterwards being so full.  That is the first time in a long time I have felt overly stuffed after eating.  I can’t let that happen too much often otherwise I’ll never lose any of this excess weight.  Note to self:  Don’t pig-out anymore!

During the 1990s, I used to ride a bicycle all over the place and I was in pretty good shape.  Wow, that was about twenty years ago… Anyways, I think that is the key to my physical fitness routine… ride a bicycle whenever possible.  I think if I can g et into a normal routine I can drop a lot of weight and excess fat from the old body.  I know it won’t be as easy as it was back then, but it should still be doable I would think. 

Just a short blog post today so I can get it out there for you all to peruse.  Enjoy!

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb 

No comments:

Post a Comment