Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday, prior to Thanksgiving…


Monday, prior to Thanksgiving…

I hadn’t planned on posting a blog this week, but since I have some free time at work I thought I would try to do so. 

Today’s music trivia contest is a musician whose career began in the mid sixties to 1973 who died prematurely in a small aircraft accident in 1973.  His hit songs included, “Time in a Bottle”, "Workin' at the Car Wash Blues", and "I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song".  Who is this legendary rock and roll artist?

This week at work will be pretty slow since it is a holiday week and the start of the holiday season.  I am thinking of going to Boston Market for their Thanksgiving feast meals to go and have it at the homestead.  I had it several years ago and it was good, except they forgot to pack the dressing in my to go package.  Since I did not feel like driving all the way back just for that, I did without. L  I just looked on-line to place an order and it said no on-line orders will be taken since they have received such a high volume of orders.  Might have to go to the store and get our own turkey and bake it up.  I wonder if Snoopy likes turkey.  She usually likes anything I am eating or planning to eat.  In fact the other day she ate my pastrami Reuben sandwich I got from Jersey Mike’s sub shop.  That cost her hours of freedom as she was confined to solitary confinement in her carrier for quite a while.

Tonight is the Holiday Pet Photo Shoot at the Tavern and Snoopy needs to get cleaned and groomed before then.  I need to give them a call and set up an appointment for today and maybe I can drop her off during lunchtime. Cool, I can drop her off at 1230 and then pick her up after work!  That works out perfectly!  Now she will be all clean and groomed for tonight’s holiday photo shoot!  Last year she had the photo taken solo, but I might try to get into the photo this year.  She now has a new Red Thunder Vest she received for her birthday from a friend and she will be sporting it for the holiday season and also for the photo shoot tonight. She normally does not sport flashy colors, but we will see how she looks all groomed nicely and wearing the seasonal red color.

Dropped off the Snoopburger at the groomers for her monthly makeover which includes bath, trimming, ears cleaning, teeth cleaning, nail trimming, and the rest of the stuff.  It usually runs about $48.00 each time. I hope they do a good job and she looks all nice and presentable tonight for the holiday photo shoot.

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment