Tuesday, November 12, 2013

First Friday in November,


First Friday in November,

Today’s music trivia is one of the most unique rock and roll artists of all time that I am aware of.  His music and lyrics are some of the weirdest sounds to ever flow across the airwaves.  His awesome guitar playing is often overshadowed by his unique music, outrageous lyrics and falsetto background singers.  Lyrical references often included, “Zircon encrusted tweezers”, “Dental floss bush”, “Pygmy pony” and, “Don’t you eat that yellow snow, that’s where the little huskies go”.  His son “Dwiezel” and daughter “Moon Unit” has survived his death back in 1993 due to Prostate cancer.  Can you name this pioneer of extreme rock and roll uniqueness?

Today Linus is scheduled to get out of the repair shop @ 4PM.  He needed new front brake rotors and pads, a tune up, a new passenger side mirror, oil change, cigar lighter fuse replacement, and the steering box adjusted.  I am hoping that it does not cost too much, but the new brake rotors can be a bit pricey I’m sure.  I’m hoping to get out of there for under $500.00 today, but you never do know now a days.

Some friends were driving north to their uncle’s place on some lake and I was hoping to go along also.  Their scheduled departure time was about 2PM, about 10 minutes ago, but I knew I would not make it in time to go with them.  We have another 3 day weekend and I have no real plans, except I have a 3 hour stress test on Monday afternoon, which kinda sucks. I hate the smell of doctor’s offices and hospitals.  I guess it is the rubbing alcohol. Reminds me of when I was a sick little kid, always at the doctors getting stuck with needles, and all the bad tasting medicines.  Ugh, how I hate that smell!

I was a pretty sick baby and little kid.  I fell down a flight of stairs, had hot cooking oil spilled on me, I had pneumonia and later double pneumonia, allergy issues, tonsil problems, flat feet and I had to wear those corrective shoes all of the time.  Anyways, I try to avoid the doctor and the hospitals as much as possible these days even though I seem to be there at least once a month or so.  Spent too many hours in the clinic waiting.  My Mom was a patient soul taking me to all of these doctor appointments and sitting waiting to see the doc at the clinics.

Well, almost time for the three-day weekend to start, so I guess I need to close this for now.

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment