Wednesday, November 6, 2013

First Wednesday in November, 2013,

 
First Wednesday in November, 2013,

Today’s music trivia is one of the biggest American bands during the 70s and 80s.  This band was heavily involved in everything related to sex, drugs and rock and roll.  Along with the Eagles, this band dominated the airwaves with their many popular hits played constantly.  With members coming and going all of the time, this super group consisted of many talented musicians that interacted personally as well as professionally. Their “Rumors” album is one of the top best selling albums of all time.  Even though many of the members had their own solo careers, they never reached the superstardom level as their band did.  Can you name this superstar band?

Well, Snoopy got into the Halloween candy and she ate a bunch of chocolate yesterday.  I was waiting for her to get sick or something, but nothing yet has seemed to have happen to her.  She even got into the bathroom trashcan and made another mess, which pissed me off again.  Why does she go after used tissue and used Q-Tips out of the trash? Is it because my personal smell is on that stuff?  Does anyone else have a dog or cat that does that also?  I guess I have to close the bathroom door when I am gone just to keep her out of there.

Snoopy’s birthday is next week on Monday, Nov 11.  I can’t believe we have been together for a year already.  It seems just like yesterday I was at the Norco ranch where she was being foster-homed and being sheltered.  Snoopy was a rescue dog I found on the Russell Rescue website and once I saw her, I knew she was the one.  So full of energy, personality and love, I really knew we would bond when we saw each other.  Even though there were several Jack Russell Terriers there to choose from, from first sight I knew which one was for me.  Originally named, “Bubblegum”, I knew that name had to go.  Can you imagine me yelling Bubblegum at the park, and seeing all the kids running to see me?  Anyway, it was a terrible name that had to go. 

Watching her sniffing around my apartment nonstop with her head low to the ground, I called her Nosey a few times that first day until finally hit me… SNOOPY!  The first night I bought her a doggie carrier (known as her box from now on) and had her sleep in it at the foot of my bed since I never had a chance to give her a bath.  Almost asleep after twenty minutes, I hear a little whimper from her.  She cried a few more times, so fearing she was feeling lonely and was missing her other dog companions, I moved her box alongside my bed and hung my arm down by her gate so she could smell me.  She soon calmed down and went right to sleep.  The next day I took her to get her a medical check up, bought her a HMO health coverage package, got her all cleaned up head to toe, trimmed and cut, and bought her some basic necessities.  I put her new bed next to my bed where I had her box.  She immediately knew that was her own bed and she loved laying in it. She has only jumped up on my bed one time during this past year, so that is good.  She loves laying in her box and her bed. 

To get her to go into her box whenever I wanted, I only gave her treats in her box.  For the first six months she only got her treats inside her box, so now when she gets treats she automatically goes into her box to enjoy them.  She sometimes pulls them out later if it is a rawhide bone that lasts for quite a while.  I hate when she leaves her bones out and I end up stepping on them.  I tell her to take them to her box, which she does without question.  I love when her training works correctly.

I hate when people try to tell me how to raise or train my dog.  I think I do a pretty darn good job raising and training her.  She listens pretty well to me as can be expected. Even when I had a training collar on Snoopy, I received so much crap from people that don’t get a vote on how I raise her.  Received a lot of feedback for the training collar that they mistakenly called a shock collar, when she never has been shocked, not even once.  I used the vibration option to get her attention at the dog park so when there was a dog fight and she would come right back to me and sit quietly.  That collar saved her several times from being involved in something she had no reason to be involved in.  Good thing I had that installed on her those times.

This past weekend we went camping and I did not take Snoopy’s bed along with us.  I guess this was a mistake because she did not sleep all that well.  She usually sleeps through the night, but not this time.  I guess from now on I will bring her bed so can sleep more comfortable at night.  She has slept on the floor without her bed before, but I’ll bring her bed from now on.  She needs to be comfortable also, so I hope I don’t forget in the future when I pack up Linus.

I had to break out the Carrera to use while Linus is in the shop.  It was so dusty since I drive it maybe once every other month and the morning condensation began to make mud all over it.  Yesterday right after work I took it to the car wash so I can spray off the dust.  I rarely use soap on my car and just try to rinse it off with a high pressure rinse, then wax and then a soft water rinse to finish it off.  Then afterwards, I drive it fast so most of the water can blow off by itself.  It makes the final wipe-down process so much easier to accomplish.  It is looking pretty good at the moment. 

 As Snoopy says, Wag More, Bark Less…

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment