Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Second Tuesday in November

Second Tuesday in November…

Today’s music trivia is a band I discovered in the 1990s and their name is sort of a reference to W.C. Fields nose, as well as other individuals who have a skin condition or had too much to drink.  Songs such as, “Found out about You”, “Allison Road” and “Hey, Jealousy” found lots of airtime on the radio back in the 90s.  Can anyone name this musical group?

We did not blog post yesterday in honor of the holiday Veteran’s Day.  I hope all my fellow Veterans had a great day doing whatever is fun for you. I myself had a stress test at the hospital at 2:30PM, which kinda broke up the day.  After that, grabbed some lunch at the Wendy’s drive thru and then I did little as possible just reclining on the coma couch.

As I mentioned above, I had one of the two stress tests appointments yesterday.  I had to have no caffeine for 24 hours prior as well as having to fast 6 hours prior to the test.  The test was simple enough, they inserted an IV into my arm and then gave me drug to stimuli my heart rate.  It was funny, because it felt like it slowed down my heart rate.  I felt calm and relaxed for this portion of the test, which lasted maybe 20 minutes.  Then I had to go into another room for them to take nuclear photos of my heart using x-rays and gamma rays also.  It was sort of like an MRI except not having to have my entire body stuck inside a tube.  There were two sessions, one lying on my back for maybe 20 minutes and one lying on my belly for 15 minutes and of course you have to be perfectly still.  I was in and out in about an hour, which worked fine for me.  That should be the length of most doctor appointments.

I got Linus back from the repair shop on Thursday and everything pretty much got fixed.  He received a tune up, oil & filter change, new passenger side mirror, cigar lighter fuse replaced, and he had the new front brake rotors and shoes replaced.  I was estimating @ $500.00 and the final bill came out to $530.00.  Not too shabby an estimate, which worked out nicely.  I hate it when it is way more than you ever estimated.  Being a former mechanic probably helps in my estimating process.  Anyway, Linus is back on the road running like a champ once again!  Now I need to clean up his interior, cab and living quarters compartment, so I can go camping once again very soon.  It needs some TLC this week.  I need to put everything in its proper place, he needs a good sweeping out, and I need to work on the curtains also.

Does anyone have a Dutch Oven Cookbook or some good recipes for camping?  I am beginning to collect recipes and I’d like to try some of them before I go on our back roads tour.  I did see some on the boy scouts webpage, but they were quiet limited.  So feel free to email me or place a comment on our blog page, okay?  We have about a year or so, so let’s start as soon as possible.  Send us some stuff, okay?  J

Today for lunch I had 2 Rubio’s Fish Tacos.  Mmmm.  Tasty and good for you, all in one, and it even filled me up.  I used to eat there more often, but I had to cut down on expenses, which includes eating out for lunch and visits to the tavern.  I still got a mess of bills to pay off before I retire. Since I never made out to the market this weekend, I had to eat out for lunch today.  I’ll probably grill up some chicken breasts tonight for the remaining lunch days this week and have them at the ready.  That will also save some time during lunch each day. 

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment