Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday, November 19, 2013…


Tuesday, November 19, 2013…

My apologies for not posting any blog updates these past few days.  I have been battling a cold that was kicking my butt since Wednesday night last week and I just did not have the energy or the creativity to pan anything worth publishing.  It is not like anyone missed it, right?

Today’s music trivia is from a band from the 90s how had one good album and that was about it.  It had several songs off that first album that were good, but afterwards I am not aware of anything good being put out there.  Their album, “Cracked Rear View” was a hit and a must have back in the 90s.  Their lead singer, Darius Rucker, will always be associated by the group’s strange name, which came from the nicknames of two college friends back at the University of Southern Carolina. “Hold My Hand”, “Let Her Cry”, and “Only Wanna Be With You” hit the airwaves in 1994 and they were a hit. Can you name this fairly popular pop music band?

Next week I’ll be taking the week off from writing this blog to enjoy some time off during the Thanksgiving Holiday week.  Sometimes you just need to sharpen the saw and I could use a break to rest and come up with some new and fresh ideas.  So this Friday will be my last blog post until the beginning of December when hopefully I’ll be recharged and have some new and exciting ideas to put to pen.  My favorite time of the year is the Christmas holiday season, with all the decorations, lights and Christmas cheer.  Even the holiday TV specials that have become staples for all of  our family’s over the years.  Even though it is highly doubtful that I will actually get  a tree or even decorate one bit is irrelevant to my inner Christmas spirit.  Trying for years to get back to the magic of the season as when we were children and the anticipation of about what’s to come next makes me excited even though I may not show it outwardly.  Next year as I anticipate my retirement and my backroads tour I know I will feel the excitement of the season.

Snoopy made it to stardom this week.  The Tavern has its annual pet night photo shoot next week and Snoopy’s photo from last year made it to the flyer for this year.  She is such a ham and they probably used her photo because almost everyone that goes there knows and loves Snoopy, so maybe they thought people would recognize her silly face?  She loves the attention and I guess I’ll have to have another photo taken this year, but maybe with me in the shot with her this time.  Last year that was our intention, but she was so fidgety that I barely got her to sit and they took the shot.  I totally forgot about getting in the photo.  Maybe this year I’ll remember?

It is hard to believe that Christmas is just about one month away.  I just looked up at the calendar and realized that.  One of my best friend’s birthday was yesterday and that is about the one month benchmark before the holidays are here.  Shall I get a tree this year or shall I just forego it as usual and go without again as I normally do.  When I had my house we had a living tree that steadily got worse and worse each year it seemed.  It was a Monterey Pine we named Monty.  Monty was good for the first few years but he deteriorated after several years unfortunately due to a lack of water or a pot that severely restricted his growth.  Anyway, Monty ended up dying in our back yard just before I lost the house.  I had planned on giving it to our neighbor, but it dies rather quickly even before I had time to give him away.  Our neighbor had two pine trees that were Christmas trees earlier in their lifetime that had grown to over 40 feet high and shed a ton of needles each windy season into our back yard and made quite a mess on our roof and in our backyard.  I do lie the smell of the tree inside. It reminds me of when we were kids and we had a real tree.

I guess I’ll get this posted while I remember so all can read it.

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment