Monday, February 3, 2014

First Monday in February, 2014

Hey there, My Peeps…

I was out of the office with back pain again last week on Thursday and Friday, so I could not post a blog entry since I left my Mac laptop locked up in my office cube.  My apologies. Nobody missed it more than I did.  From laying down so much these past few days, my left ear got another infection.  I had ear trouble in that ear for several years and now I have it back.  Good grief!  Ugh!

Today’s music trivia game is a pop rock British band who formed in the mid 70s and came to prominence in the UK during the start of the New Wave period and continued through the 80s and 90s. They were known in the UK for their hit songs, “Cool for Cats”, “Up the Junction”, and “Another Nail in My Heart” and also in the US with their hit songs, “Tempted”, “Black Coffee in Bed” and “Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)”.  Can you name this UK pop rock, post-punk band?

Tim B has been kicking some butt lately with his correct responses to our music trivia contests.  Maybe my clues are way too easy and I may need to give you all a little less obvious clues?  Let’s hear your thoughts!

I have already had my tax returns accomplished and I am glad I am getting some serious cash back.  I’ll be able to pay off my attorney fees, court and associated fees and make a substantial dent in the Visa card bill that has been hanging over my head for the past few years. When I was really broke I had to use my credit card in lieu of cash, which built up quite a healthy balance and quite swiftly too. I’ll be glad to get out of debt and to be able to breathe comfortably once again.

A few months back I broke my high E string on my electric guitar and I got a set of replacement strings but have not restrung my guitar yet. I am going to accomplish that today and begin practicing once again.  It has been quite a while since I practiced and it is about time I begin practicing once again. I figure I can learn a couple new chords proficiently each week, so by the end of a year I should be able to play with some proficiency and consistency.  Maybe even learn a couple of songs also? Who knows?  My calluses have long disappeared from my fingers so it will take a few weeks for them to build up once again.  I wish I could set up my drum kit, but that would piss off a bunch of neighbors real quick I should think. 

I think if I buy another house, I hope I can have some land around me as a buffer zone for noise.  That way I could play my drums when I want, play music loud without disturbing my neighbors, and vice versa.  I never really ever had that luxury before.  Maybe if I move back to Illinois someplace, but that will have to be determined at a much later date. My accountant suggested I register in a tax free state such as Nevada or Washington State. I’ll have that to think all over while Linus, Snoopy and I are traveling around the US back roads for those many months.

Been doing some travel planning these past few days in the office, mostly the Pacific Coast drive.  Pretty much have reviewed the California coast and still need to review Oregon and Washington State.  So far, there are lots of places of interest to see and enjoy.  We are going to take our time and enjoy it all!

Guess we will close this post while I have the chance to do so.

Snoopy says, Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment