Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy Birthday, Nephew Brian!

For What It’s Worth

Today I am back in the office after a nice and relaxing three-day weekend.  I hope you all had the holiday off as we did. Today on my bicycle ride into work, I had to stop by the ATM to get some cash.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that both of my tax refunds had been deposited into my bank account!  Now I can drop a huge chunk of that into paying off part of my Visa Card bill. I should have that puppy down to a balance of zero by the year’s end hopefully.  I need to be totally debt free before I retire this coming January 2015.  This cash will definitely come in handy with this task at hand and I can get a jump on this mess that has slowly built up and accumulated during these past 3 years.  I may treat myself to some kind of gift, like a Go Pro Camera, that I have wanted for a while, to take on our road trip.  I think I’ll wait until later to purchase it because it can go on sale and I can get a better deal. I really don’t need it now, but maybe just before our road trip, then I just have to download videos or photos to our blog posts from out on the road.  Snoopy and Linus both will be happy about that. Both of them are hams whenever a camera is pointed towards them.

Snoopy and I have been watching the Olympics and we really enjoy watching the snowboarders and Alpine skiing, and of course, the USA Hockey Team.  We really like the downhill & Super G ski racing and of course the ski jumping. The snowboard-cross is exciting to watch and we felt bad for Lindsay Jacobellis who was way out in front of the pack during her heat and she wiped out with just a couple of obstacles left to go.  This was her third attempt at the Olympics and she was heartbroken, even though she tried to sport a façade of a smile.  We also like the Bobsledding, luge and skeleton events.  We would like to ride on one of them at least once in my lifetime.  Maybe we’ll add that item to our bucket list? 

Today is Brian’s, my oldest nephew and Godson’s, 37th birthday.  Man, where has the time gone?  It seems just like yesterday I was playing with the little guy on the floor with all his toys.  Happy birthday Brian!  I hope you have a great time today  celebrating and doing something fun!  Have one for me, buddy!  J

Lately I have been keeping kind of a low profile and have been spending a lot of time at home.  I am just trying to save money so I can pay off these bills that I have let pile up.  I just been felling like a home body kinda lately, which is not a bad thing really.  I can conserve on cash and I have plenty of Olympic events to watch on TV.  I think they end on this Saturday or Sunday evening.  I bet there are a lot of horror stories to be told concerning the conditions such as the hotels, feral dog round-ups, human rights abuse, and whatever else is substandard there.  I am not sure why they decided to hold it there, so far south and near the Black Sea?  I mean, they have plenty of land where it is cold.  Maybe it is just too cold in those other locations?  I’m sure Siberia is not a place too many people want to visit, including me! J  It will be interesting to hear all of the stories when they all get back. I’m sure much of that is going on there has been suppressed by everyone involved on both sides of the equation.  Poor Bob Costas got pinkeye while there, which is extremely painful and very sensitive to light. Hang in there, Bob!

1. Music Trivia

Today’s musical artist is an American singer/songwriter solo act I first discovered in the late 1980s and she had a couple of hits such as “Fast Car” and “Talkin’ Bout a Revolution” off her debut, self-titled album.  Later she had another hit with, “Give Me One Reason” off her “New Beginnings” album released in 1995. Originally out of Cleveland, Ohio, she is a multi-platinum and four-time Grammy winning artist. Can you name this American singer/songwriter musician?


2. 3 Questions about us Answers
FYI – Linus is our VW Deluxe Camper Bus/Van (yes, it’s a hippie bus)…
1.      What year was my Linus “born”?  Linus is a 1978 VW Deluxe Campmobile (Camper Bus)
2.            What exterior color is Linus?  Linus is currently Avocado Green, but apparently used to be Light Yellow/White upper body

3.            What makes Linus kinda unique for a VW Bus, maybe just one in a hundred out on the road?  He originally came with a standard stick shift 4-gear transmission, but someone prior to my ownership changed it to an automatic transmission.


3. Today’s Alternate Band Name Game

Clue: An Oyster’s Treasure & Jelly      Answer: ???
Can you name three songs by this band?
1.
2.
3.


I was told I should keep the sheer number of games down to keep interest, so we have just a few for you guys to play.

Snoopy says, Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment