Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Abie, Baby! Happy birthday to you!





Yesterday’s Music Trivia Answer
Answer:  Tommy James and the Shondells
I highly recommend to you younger peeps to try listening to this artist’s songs. You might be surprised!

Today’s Music Trivia

Today’s music trivia is a band I first heard of on the radio after returning from Europe in December 1978.  Producing such hits songs such as “Rosanna”, “Africa” and “Hold the Line”, this band originated right here in Los Angeles.  Consisting of three Porcaro brothers, including one of my favorite drummers, Jeff, this band began back in 1977.  Unfortunately, Jeff passed away in 1992, (he could never be replaced) and Simon Phillips took over the drumming vacancy. Jeff was trained by his most famous drumming father, Joe Porcaro, a legendary figure himself outright.  Having released a total of 17 albums, sold over 35 million albums, winning several Grammys and inducted as members of the Musician’s Hall of Fame in 2009, can you name this American rock band ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Yesterday’s) Alternate Band Names Answer
Clue:  Heavy metal dirigible     Answer:   Led Zeppelin
Thanks again to Tim B for again answering correctly yesterday!

Today’s Alternate Band Names
Today’s Clue: Rosy-colored/Mayberry’s barber     Answer:  ???
Can you name three of this band’s songs?
1.
2.
3.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Questions about us… (from yesterday)
1.     What was my dog Snoopy’s name that was given to her at the foster home?  The name they gave her was “Bubblegum.” Now you know why I changed it to Snoopy!
2.     What is Snoopy’s favorite toy to play with? Snoopy plays with no toys actually for some reason? (Trick question, I know!) J
3.     What local establishment does Snoopy love to frequent? The Tavern on Main where she thinks she owns the joint!

3 New Questions about us
1.          What was the year of my 10-day California tour when I had my major motorcycle accident and when I totally broke up my body and also broke my back, almost paralyzing me? 
2.          What kind of motorcycle was I riding at the time and still own?
3.          Besides the accident, how else did I almost die on that trip?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Television Trivia (yesterday’s game answers)
In the early 1970s, there were two prime time television shows us youngsters back then loved and did not miss watching.
1. Can you name both of these iconic television shows? 
The Brady Bunch
The Partridge Family
2. Can you name all the kid characters in those shows?
Greg, Peter, Bobby, Marcia, Jan, and Cindy Brady
Keith, Laurie, Danny, Tracy, and Chris Partridge
3. Who was their adult third wheel character (not their parents)?
Alice, the housekeeper/cook/maid
Mr Rueben Kincaid, their Manager

Today’s Television Trivia
1. Can you name all seven characters from the TV show, “Gilligan’s Island”? (I bet you are going to sing the theme song, right?)  J
2. What was the Skipper’s character’s actual name on the TV show? (A real tough one, I know)
3. Why did the Skipper always look after Gilligan and how did they actually meet? (Another toughy)
4. What did Alan Hale (the Skipper) do on the TV show that was pretty much forbidden and never really ever done before on a sitcom? (Hint: Matthew Broderick did pretty much the same thing in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”.) (I told you these would be harder questions)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Where does this music take you back to? (A New Feature)
I myself hear a song or an album from the past and I am usually transported back in time to a place or a person when I hear that particular music. Today we are adding yet another new feature and we are asking you guys when you hear a certain song or album, where does it take you back to… or who or what does it make you think of?
Song:  Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
What memory does this song make you think of?  Some place, some time, some girl/guy?  Let’s hear from some of you silent people out there.  Make it fun for us all...

For me, I first heard this epic song during my sophomore year in High School on the school bus on our way to our Bowling League.  We had just crossed the Swing Bridge (also locally known as the Bridge from Hell, the Death Bridge, etc) that spanned the Illinois & Michigan Canal (photo provided) on our way to Strike & Spare Bowling Lanes after school. I remember thinking to myself, WTF is this? I had never heard of any music like that before. It really affected me and it changed my life forever!
How about you folks?  Let us hear your memories…

For What It’s Worth
We have put some considerable effort into the new features for our blog posts. I hope you enjoy them! Give us some feedback....

Linus says, “I would rather travel in the slow lane.  You get to see so much more scenery that way and you will have a more enjoyable trip!”

Snoopy preaches, “Bark Less and Wag More!” 

They are both wise beyond their years…

Until next time… Be Good!


- kb

No comments:

Post a Comment