Thursday, February 6, 2014

New Format… and some new ideas...

New Format… and some new ideas...

Music Trivia

Today’s music trivia is a English rock band formed back in 1969 as the group, “Daddy” and later in 1970 renaming themselves to their current title. Initially considered mainstream progressive rock, their music had some traditional rock, pop and even art rock incorporated into it. With commercial hits such as, “Bloody Well Right”, “Give a Little Bit”, “Take the Long Way Home”, “Dreamer”, “Goodbye Stranger” and of course their megahit, “The Logical Song”, the band gained significant popularity worldwide with their blockbuster album, “Breakfast in America”. Can you name this progressive rock/pop British band?


New Features

We are developing a couple of new features offline for possible inclusion into our blog.  Some of these will be games designed to stimulate some responses from you guys and just to keep things fresh.  We are trying to make this blog more of a dialog rather than the monologue it seems to have become. We are not sure how well some of these will work, but we hope they are fun, fresh and interesting enough to stir up some interest and get more readers/players involved.

We will slowly start inserting some of these new game ideas and we look forward to you playing and any feedback you may provide us.  We hope more of you will start to play along. Then maybe somebody will actually provide us with some landmarks or locations to visit during our road trip.


3 Questions about us…

One of our new features I mentioned above is this section.  It is just an attempt to help you all possibly learn something more about Linus, Snoopy, myself, and our lives together.  Some may be just trivial information and some may be major things that have happened in our lives.

Questions: 
1.     What breed of dog is Snoopy?
2.     When did I get her?
3.     How did she come into my life?


Current comments

So far, 2014 has been a completely opposite year as far as things going right or wrong in my life.  As far as retirement, I am happy to begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just sure hope it isn’t a train headed this way! 

I have been really getting into planning our road trip lately since it is only about a year away now.  It may seem like quite early to do such planning, but I do not think so.  There are so many things I want to see and I know there are things I am not even aware of out there.  I am kinda disappointed in you.. yes you if you are reading this now.  Have you even provided me any feedback concerning places we should visit? No, I am sure you have NOT!  Look at you! You should be ashamed of yourself.  I’ve been asking and asking for information and you all have just been sitting on your backsides knowing of places cool to visit and not telling us about them.  For shame, for shame!  Reading back to myself what I just wrote makes me sound like I am lecturing Snoopy after she has made some kind of mess in the house! Heh heh… J

Lately I have been checking out the Pacific Coast as well as the Eastern US Mountain Ranges for our road trip, especially since I have never really explored the East Coast of the US that much.  Besides traveling southbound through the Appalachians and the other mountain ranges over there, I am not too sure what is there to see. Any help from you peeps, for once, would be an awesome thing to see.  After watching “Moonshiners” and “Appalachian Outlaws”, I am kind of tentative to spend any time in the back woods with any of these rednecks. They may think I am there to raid their illegal activities such as moonshine, ginseng or their weed crop, and I could end up like those National Guard guys in the movie, “Deliverance”.  I wonder what would Snoopy think of those guys?

The ol’ Snoopburger says… Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment