Thursday, February 20, 2014

Throw Back Thursday



Photo taken just off of PCH in Malibu, California

Countdown to Retirement date = 319 Calendar Days!


For What It's Worth

Today is my Friday for a very short 3-day workweek J.  Another 3-day weekend is waiting for me, which is nice! This weekend I think I will try to clean out the interior of Linus, since he has been a mess since my last camping outing.  I need to stow things properly where they belong and sweep out all the sand and clean up the carpet. Then I need to see where I can stow the additional bigger things I plan on taking on my road trip such as my wagon, generator, and even my small microwave oven I bought specifically for the trip (yes, I’m sure it will come in very handy). Everything must have a proper place to be stowed, otherwise it won’t all fit.

Today for TBT (Throw Back Thursday) I posted some photos from back in my USAF days when we were flying over to and in Europe.  You really never know how well you had it until later in life. I loved flying everyday but it is hard to put down any roots when you are always on the go, ya know? I kinda miss living life during those simple days. Life was good back then!


Music Trivia

Today’s music trivia is probably the most successful band of the past few decades.  First they started out as an Irish New Wave Band, then during the grunge years they evolved into a great rock and roll band.  They have had so many hits, it is tough to count them all. They are known to be quite outspoken when it comes to human rights and overcoming world poverty. Many of their songs are political in nature touching on many of societies world-wide issues, such as apartheid in South Africa, terrorism, and world hunger. With hits such as “Pride (In the Name of Love)”, “Sunday Bloody Sunday”, “One”, “Mysterious Ways”, “Even Better Than the Real Thing”, “Bullet The Blue Sky”, “Sweetest Thing”, and so many others, this four-member band performs in front of millions of fans every year. One of the shortest band names in music, can you name this mega-group?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today’s Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  Temperamental Sadness       Answer: ???

Can you name three songs by this band?
1.
2.
3.

Yesterday’s Alternate Band Name Game
Clue:  Habaneros     Answer: = Red Hot Chili Peppers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today’s Television Trivia

Starsky & Hutch was a television show that debuted in 1975 and ran to 1979 with a faithful following, especially with teenagers.

1.            What were the lead characters first names?
2.            What was the name of their colorful Confidential Informant (CI or snitch)?
3.            What kind of car did they drive around in?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where does this music take you back to?

I myself hear a song or an album from the past and I am usually transported back in time to a place or a person when I hear that particular music. Today we are adding yet another new feature and we are asking you guys when you hear a certain song or album, where does it take you back to… or who or what does it make you think of?

SongColor My World by the group Chicago

This song reminds me of the dances back in High School, such as the Homecoming Dance and of course Prom, slow dancing with my girlfriend.  I believe this was the actual theme for our Senior Prom.

How about you folks?  Let us hear your memories…

No comments:

Post a Comment