Monday, February 24, 2014

Last Monday in February 2014

1.  For What It’s Worth

I sometimes write narratives when the creative juices are flowing naturally and later paste them into one of our blog posts.  Some days I can write forever for hours on end, and some days I got nothing. Some days I write so much that I can’t put it all in one day’s post, so I keep some in a library that I can access additional data when needed. 

I took Snoopy for a little walk yesterday, which I have not done for quite some time. I know I should do it more often, but walking does not make my back feel too good to tell you the truth.  Maybe I can hook her up to my bicycle somehow and she can run alongside me?  That could work out okay for both of us.  Anyway, she keep pulling on her leash, which I had her pretty much broke of that bad habit when I walked her often. I guess my laziness is not to blame on her, so I gotta do more exercise with her I guess. It will be good for us both I believe!

This weekend I did some work on Linus, specifically some corrosion control.  Linus has a rusty front plate at the lower edge of the windscreen.  This is prevalent in bay window buses due to the design of the rain gutter which drains only in the front of the bus and the water flows right down onto the windshield’s lower seal area and rust tends to form there. Linus also has some rust issues below the copilot’s door on the lower part of the cab body. This is the area I was mostly working on and also some other areas located at various places on his body.  I used a wire brush to remove dead material and then used some acid, which actually neutralized the rust.  I then used some really good primer to cover the bare metal areas. The rust at the lower area of the windscreen actually needs the whole front panel replaced and welded into place.  I’m not sure when I’ll get to that project, but when I do I will go ahead and replace the whole windscreen which also is cracked. I probably won’t even get to that project until after my road trip because I’ll need to repaint the entire bus a different color.  I am not a big fan of the Avocado Green exterior color to tell you the truth.  But I don’t want to get a new paint job when I plan to go off road to camp at some remote places and I really don’t want to have to worry about scratching the new paint job doing so. Good grief, that would kind of defeat the purpose of it all, wouldn’t it?

Well, the Winter Olympics have ended and now all the countries can go about and bicker with each other once again.  How come we don’t ever see Iraq or Iran participate in the Olympic Games? I can understand why for the winter games, but what about the summer games?  Do they participate in those games? I mean, if Jamaica can play in the winter games, these countries could also, right?  Maybe I am asking for way too much out of these countries, I don’t know? What the heck do I know?

--------------------------------------------------------------

2.  Today’s Music Trivia

Today’s music trivia is a British band I first became aware of sometime during the early 1980s performing mostly cover songs with a reggae twist.  With a mix of ethnic musicians including English, Scottish, Irish, Yemeni and Jamaican parentage, this band’s initial lineup lasted for 30 years from the band’s formation in 1978 until 2008. Their hit songs include, “Food for Thought”, “Red Red Wine”, “Can’t Help Falling in Love”, “Kingston Town”, and “Here I am (Come and take Me)”. Can you name this multi-cultural membered British reggae band?

Yesterday’s Answer to the Music Trivia Contest:   Artist  =  U2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.  Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  Not the King   Answer:  ?



Last Alternate Band Name Game

Clue Temperamental Sadness       Answer   = Moody Blues

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Snoopy preaches, Bark Less & Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment