Monday, February 10, 2014

Some new games to play today!



Music Trivia Contest

Today’s music trivia is a solo artist probably known today more for his outspoken views about hunting and gun control as well as his fondness of conservative politics.  As the former lead guitarist of “The Amboy Dukes”, he is also known as the Motor City Madman originating from Detroit. He has also played lead guitar as a member of the supergroup, “Damn Yankees”.  Always an ardent anti-drug campaigner, he has said he doesn’t do any recreational drugs including alcohol or tobacco.  Some of his hits songs include, “Wango Tango”, “Stranglehold”, and “Dog Eat Dog”. Can you name this caveman of rock and roll?


New Games

As I had mentioned, we are going to feature some new games and we invite all you smart folks to play. Here are a few…


3 Questions

How well do you think you know us?

1.     What is my favorite MLB baseball team?
2.     What is my favorite NHL hockey team?
3.     What is my favorite NFL football team?


Alternate Pop and Rock & Roll Band Names (New Game)

How it is played… by using synonyms and antonyms…. 

Example…. Clue = Smooch     Answer = Kiss….   Got it?

Okay, let’s give it a try… Here goes…

1. Clue = VW Bugs    Answer = ???


Band Knowledge (New Game)

Can you name and list three songs from the group answer above?
1.
2.
3.


Television
The XXII Winter Olympics began over this past weekend, which I think I enjoy watching more than the Summer Olympics. I enjoy watching Hockey, all the Snowboarding competitions, the Alpine Skiing competitions, especially the Ski Jumping, Downhill, Giant Slalom, and even the Biathlons, the Bobsledding, Luge and Skeleton competitions, and the Speed Skating competitions.  There are plenty more events to watch also, but usually fast forward through most of them since I record pretty much everything that I watch on TV.  That poor guy Bob Costas has got a bad case of pink eye from the poor water conditions over there in Sochi. It seems to be getting worse each day and I can tell you from my own experience, pink eye is a very painful condition.

I somehow missed The Beatles Anniversary celebration that was broadcasted last night for being on The Ed Sullivan Show 50 years ago.  I hope they replay it soon so I can record and watch it because I heard it was pretty good.  I must be living in a cave not to know that was going to be broadcasted.  I got stuck on watching the Olympic Games. Good grief! L

I caught myself watching an new show this past weekend called, “Hillbilly Blood”.  It is basically a reality show about these two self-proclaimed “Hillbillies” (as they have defined is a cross between a hippie and a redneck) who live in The Appalachian Mountains in the western part of North Carolina who trade and barter their way through life, living basically off the grid. Both of these guys definitely look the part, and I would be afraid to personally approach them anywhere one on one.  Surprisingly, one of these guys is very knowledgeable and very resourceful, building something useful out of nothing but items laying around and accessible to them. These two guys, “Eugene” and “Spencer” are pretty rough-looking guys that would scare the crap out of any of us civilized folks, especially in their own environment.  I saw these guys make bio-diesel fuel out of rendered pig fat, a crossbow using a car’s leaf spring, and they even made a power generator from miscellaneous materials they scrounged up.  This one guy is pretty ingenious, smart and quite resourceful. It was quite an interesting show if I say so myself.  Who would of thought such a thing?  I’m gonna have to record some future episodes of this program.

Thanks to my good buddy Joe for providing us some input and some in-route destinations (Arches and the other National Parks in Utah) for our upcoming Road trip.  WTF is up with the rest of you guys?  C’mon, give us some ideas already!  Make Snoopy happy and give us your input!

Okay, I’m gonna close this blog post for the day so I can work on some other projects and new games to include in these posts.

What does Snoopy always say? That’s right… Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment