Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day!




For What its Worth
Sorry folks, but I really think it is pretty lame that we have to tolerate the nonstop lame items on Facebook such as “Please “Like” or “Share” if you… love or have the best Mom, Dad, kids, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, whatever…”  Okay, we got it!  We hope you love your Mom & kids. But, if you think you really need to send these out to verify or validate your love or appreciation for someone, please get a life already.  Try talking to them personally and telling them your feelings instead of clogging up our Newsfeed and Timelines… 
I promise, if you tell me you “Like” me, I most likely “Like” you too, okay?
Oh yeah, BTW… Happy Valentines Day!

I read this great story on FB yesterday about some kid with some mental disabilities who was the manager of his school’s basketball team. I guess during the last game of the season, the coach decided towards the end of the game to give this kid an opportunity to play in the game. The kid tried tell the coach that he was just the manager and he shouldn’t be playing, but the coach would have none of that and sent the kid in.  Well, not only did this kid successfully pass the ball, but he sank 4 out of 5 three point shots and they won the game. So, I thought this was a wonderful thing and kudos to this kid.  Then some religious zealot commented and said something like, “God does great things!”  Well, I’m thinking to myself, “Why do religious people insist on giving the credit to their god?  Shouldn’t the credit go to this kid who must have practiced his craft and who came through in the clutch to make those shots?” Good for him, this young kid, who will always remember that his apparent practicing paid off for him, and shame on those zealots who tried to take his due credit for their own beliefs. 

We have been playing around with our format these past few days, but since not many that we are aware of ever reads it, I guess it is not a big deal. I’ll try to reduce the amount of games per day.  I can always spend this blog writing time writing my novel and other writing projects I am involved in.

1. Music Trivia
Today’s progressive rock band I first heard about from listening to the Mark & Brian Show on the radio way back in the early 1990s I believe. This band was formed by producer/composer/keyboardist Patrick Leonard in collaboration with singer/lyricist/multi-instrumentalist Kevin Gilbert, and was backed by group of supporting musicians and guest appearances from several other musicians including Julian Lennon.  They produced their self-titled (and only) album before disbanding, and the record sales of that album were marginal at best. They had two hit singles, “Last Train Out” and “The Ballad of Jenny Ledge” that received some good airplay here in the Los Angeles area. Unfortunately the death of Gilbert in 1996 ended any chances of this band reforming. Can you name this not so well known progressive rock band from the early 90s?

Yesterday’s Music Trivia Answer
The answer to yesterday’s Music Trivia is the band, Tower Of Power (TOP).  Of course, Tim B again correctly identified the band, apparently just from the initials clue of T.O.P. that I provided.   I would say he is a pretty smart guy. Don’t let it go to your head, Tim!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Yesterday’s Alternate Band Name Game Answer

Clue: Temperamental Sadness      Answer = The Moody Blues       

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Yesterday’s Television Trivia
1. What was the lead character’s name in The Six Million Dollar Man and what actor played him?  Steve Austin was portrayed by Lee Majors
2. What bionic capabilities did he receive? A new bionic eye, right arm and legs
3. What editing process did they utilize to identify when he used these capabilities? (There were two things actually.) A sound was produced and the video was shown in slow motion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. 3 New Questions about us
FYI – Linus is my VW Camper Bus/Van (yes, it’s a hippie bus)… if you did not know…
1.      What year was Linus “born”? 
2.            What color is Linus?  
3.            What makes Linus kinda unique for a VW Bus, maybe just one in maybe fifty out on the road?


3 Questions about us Answers(from yesterday)
1.  What was the year of my 10-day California tour when I had my major motorcycle accident when I totally messed up my body and also broke my back?  July 1984
2.  What kind of motorcycle was I riding at the time and still own? 1982 Yamaha Maxim 750
3.  Besides the accident, how else did I almost die on that trip? An allergic reaction to Poison Oak throwing me into anaphylactic shock causing my throat to swell shut and I quit breathing. A hurried trip to a hospital Emergency Room was warranted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until next time…Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment