Thursday, February 27, 2014

Last Thursday in February 2014





1. For What It’s Worth

Yesterday we received some feedback via Facebook concerning my writings and my tributes.  Our peeps, we write straight from the heart.  What you see is what you get. Sometimes it may infuriate people, or make you laugh or even make you cry. If there is an emotional reaction from you, let me know. Did we piss you off?  Did you have some fond memories of someone that put a tear in your eye? Did you laugh so hard that tears ran down your leg?  Well, tell us. I appreciate the feedback I received from Katrina R P, Tammy R, Dawn R-N, Tom G, and of course Kelly S-S. It makes me feel good that peeps read our blog and with such positive feedback, we are encouraged to continue to do so. When you write and get nothing back, it is a hollow existence we live. We appreciate all the feedback!  Snoopy gives you guys two wags and an arf, which is quite rare indeed!

I have a few more tributes to write for dear friends that have passed away.  Some of them most of you won’t know, but they were still close to me and I feel compelled to say my goodbyes to them, so please bear with me. Just know that they were great people if I took the time to write about them.

Good grief, yesterday my supervisor finally gave me a project to work on, so I will have less time to pen our blog.  I will try to do it first thing in the morning when I arrive here at work, but it may be sporadic due to the nature of my project assigned to me and the short deadline. Snoopy told me she would help out more, but since she has trouble typing and she fat-paws it a lot (similar to our fat-finger mistakes), her help is limited. I need to get her a new keyboard I guess. J

Have you visited some place and still have fond memories of it?  Was your honeymoon at some great destination? Did you ever run across a hidden treasure on some back road while traveling? Well, we want to hear about it from you. Let us know so we can put that place on our travel itinerary.  I would hate to have missed some place awesome to see or visit when we were basically right in the area already. This is a once in a lifetime chance to see all we can see.  We have waited all our lives to do this, and we need all of your help. Please help us find those hidden treasures of a destination we so badly want to see.


2. Today’s Music Trivia Contest

Today’s musical artist is a solo artist who during the mid sixties was a former member and lead singer of the Northern Irish R&B band titled, “Them”.  His many hits include, “Domino”, “Have I told you Lately”, “Gloria”, “Brown Eyed Girl”, “Baby, Please Don’t Go”, and of course “Moondance”.  At the ripe age of 68, he continues to sing, even though he may have lost an octave or two. Can you name this musical Irishman artist?

Congrats to Mike R for getting the other day’s Music Trivia answer which was UB40 and Tim B for getting the other day’s Alternate Name Game Answer which was Queen.

Answer to the Other Day’s Music Trivia Contest:   Artist  =  UB40

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Alternate Band Name Game

Clue: = Appreciative cadaver         Answer:  ???

Previous Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  Not the King     Answer = Queen


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy says, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment