Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday, Feb 13, 2014



For What it’s Worth
Happy day to our peeps, you, our faithful readers. We have been playing around with our format these past few days, but since not many that we are aware of ever reads this, I guess it is not a big deal. I can always spend this blog writing time writing my novel and other writing projects I am involved in. If you read this blog, let us know. Nothing worse than wasting my time.

Also, for the Trivia Games, I am only giving you guys until the next blog post to provide us answers.  We really can’t wait until someone decides to participate.  With the new format and the addition of the new games, I just can’t do it. I have to make it easy for us to publish, so get your answers back to us as soon as possible.  Speak up and let’s hear from you guys!

1. Music Trivia
I like almost any kind of music except maybe disco, hard rap, techno and opera. I can appreciate them, but those of  you who really know me know that they will never hear me listening to any of that. Other than those few, I like all kinds of music. So, with that being said, today’s music trivia is a not a rock and roll band, but an R&B/Soul music band that formed way back in 1968 in Oakland, California.  Known for their funky soulful sound, well-defined horn section along with syncopated bass guitar playing, this band had its most commercial success back in the early and mid seventies, prior to the disco era. “Soul With a Capital S”, “What is Hip”, “You’re Still a Young Man”, and “Don’t Change Horses (in the Middle of a Stream)”, were some of their biggest hits.  Also known as T.O.P., can you name this soulful American R&B Band?

Yesterday’s Music Trivia Answer
The answer to yesterday’s Music Trivia is the American band, Toto.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Today’s Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  Temperamental Sadness       Answer: ???
Can you name three of this band’s songs?
1.
2.
3.

Yesterday’s Alternate Band Name Game Answer
Clue: Rosy-colored Mayberry barber    Answer:  Pink Floyd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Today’s Television Trivia
1. What was the lead character’s name in The Six Million Dollar Man and what actor portrayed him?
2. What bionic capabilities did he receive?
3. What editing process did they utilize to identify when he used these capabilities? (There were two things actually.)

Yesterday’s Television Trivia Answers
A.          Can you name all seven characters from the TV show, “Gilligan’s Island”? (I bet you sang the theme song, didn’t you?)  J
1. Gilligan
2. The Skipper
3. Mr Thurston Howell III
4. Mrs Eunice (Lovey) Howell
5. Miss Ginger Grant
6. The Professor
7. Miss Mary Ann Summers

B. What was the Skipper’s character’s actual real name on the TV show?
Jonas Grumby

C. Why did the Skipper always look after Gilligan and how did they actually meet?
While in the Navy, Gilligan saved the Skipper’s life by pushing him out of the way of a depth charge that had broken loose and was rolling down the deck of their destroyer. After retiring from the Navy, the Skipper used his commission to buy the S.S. Minnow and began offering three-hour tours from Honolulu Harbor. Gilligan was his First Mate.

D. What did Alan Hale (the Skipper) do on the TV show that was never really ever done before on a sitcom? (Hint: Matthew Broderick did pretty much the same thing in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”.)
The Skipper would look directly into the camera as though he was looking at us and usually with some kind of facial expression. Ferris took it one step further by speaking directly to the camera like he was talking to the viewers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. 3 New Questions about us
FYI – Linus is my VW Camper Bus/Van (yes, it’s a hippie bus)… if you did not know…
1.      What year was my Linus “born”?
2.            What color is Linus?
3.            What makes Linus kinda unique for a VW Bus, maybe just one in a hundred out on the road?

3 Questions about us Answers (from yesterday)
1.            What was the year of my 10-day California tour when I had my major motorcycle accident when I totally messed up my body and also broke my back?  July 1984
2.            What kind of motorcycle was I riding at the time and still own? 1982 Yamaha Maxim 750
3.            Besides the accident, how else did I almost die on that trip? Allergic reaction to Poison Oak throwing me into anaphylactic shock causing my throat to swell shut and I quit breathing. A hurried trip to a hospital Emergency Room was warranted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Where does this music take you back to?
I myself hear a song or an album from the past and I am usually transported back in time to a place or a person when I hear that particular music. Today we are adding yet another new feature and we are asking you guys when you hear a certain song or album, where does it take you back to… or who or what does it make you think of?
Song: Colour My World by the group, Chicago

This song reminds me of the dances back in High School, such as the Homecoming Dance and of course Prom, slow dancing with my girlfriend.  I believe this was the actual theme for our Senior Prom.


How about you folks?  Let us hear your memories…

No comments:

Post a Comment