Thursday, February 13, 2014

Today’s music trivia is a band I discovered in the early 1990s as a grunge band out of San Diego. Their sound later morphed with influences from classic rock, bossa nova and psychedelic rock. Their fist album titled “Core” released in 1992, along with their second album, “Purple” featured the songs, “Interstate Love Song” and “Vaseline”, that received a good amount of airplay through the 90s and winning many awards such as MTV’s Best New Artist (1993), American Music Award’s Favorite Pop/Rock New Artist (1994), and a Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance (1994). Unfortunately their lead singer, Scott Weiland, had well publicized drug addiction issues and was finally fired in 2013 and replaced by Chester Bennington, formerly of Linkin Park. Can you name this American rock band?

I began writing form my blog a bunch of questions to ask friends just for fun and general knowledge, and then I thought that a book with a similar intent must had been written before and after some research I located it. It is called appropriately, “The Book of Questions” and has been out there for quite some time I suspect. So, I copied the questions and started answering them for myself as honestly as possible.  Some I just did not have any response for, but I really tried to answer each and every question there is, which is well over 200.  Hypothetical questions they mostly are about what would you do in certain situations.  I find some of them enlightening and some of them are just plain strange. For example, “How many sexual partners have you had?”  How does a person answer that? I survived the Eighties during my twenties, which was mostly a blur of some kind. Do they need a precise number or can I just give them an approximation? Somewhere around fifty?  Is that close enough?  Isn’t that like asking Jimmy Page how fast can you play a guitar?  I don’t know, but some of these questions really threw me for a loop.   The amount of questions and the various amount of scenarios they throw at you is quite a lot.

Yesterday was the debut of the FB movies that were automatically produced due to some new software program Zuckerman used to grab additional info from us I suppose. Did you see mine and how Snoopy seemed to dominate most of the movie?  She can photobomb with the best of them, even if it is all automated! There must have been zillions of them produced yesterday and did anyone notice the new FB pages provided by every celebrity, dead or alive, that you can think of?  I mean, how much time does he want us all to waste on FB each and everyday? I know he has his think tank guys and gals thinking of new ways we all could spend our time on FB, wasting our lives away.  I’m getting kind of sick of it all really.

I guess I’ll close this blog post for today so I can maybe finish the list of questions so I can post them tomorrow for all of you peeps to work on over the weekend as homework.  Yes, I said homework.  That dreaded word we all hated to hear, especially on Friday afternoons. J

What does Snoopy say? That’s right… Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment