Tuesday, February 11, 2014

New capabilities!



If there is no photo being shown, please let us know, okay? We are trying to expand our capabilities!

Music Trivia

Today’s musical group is a band from the 1960s – 1970s, my favorite decades for music.  To tell you the truth, I have been listening to this album the last few weeks at work, almost on a daily basis, and it still has not gotten old. The band was formed by the first three original members, Danny Hutton, Cory Wells, and Chuck Negron as the lead singers, and were backed by background singers and musicians they hired to round out their band.

From 1969-1974, nobody had more Top Ten hits, moved more records, or sold more concert tickets. As of 2011, this band continues to top the list of artists with the best Billboard Top 100 Chart average! During this period, this band was undoubtedly the most popular band in America with twenty-one consecutive Top 40 hits and twelve straight gold LPs. By late '75, they had sold nearly 50 million records.

With #1 hits in the US such as, “One” (is the Loneliest Number), “Joy to the World” and “Mama Told Me Not to Come”, all three had featured different lead singers. Other hits included, “Black and White”, “Eli’s Coming”, “An Old Fashioned Love Song”, “Never Been to Spain”, “Shambala”, “The Show Must Go On”, and “Sure As I’m Sittin’ here”, all of which were cover songs written by outside songwriters. 

Still making live appearances today, can you name this iconic American rock and roll band?



Alternate band names

Clue: Heavy metal dirigible   Answer:???


The Answer to yesterday’s Alternate band Names Contest: 

The Clue = VW Bugs… Answer = The Beatles

Tim B finally figured it out!  They get harder as we go along…


3 New Questions about us…

1.     What was my dog Snoopy’s name that was given to her at the foster home?

2.     What is Snoopy’s favorite toy to play with?

3.     What local establishment does Snoopy love to frequent?

Past Questions and Answers
1.     What breed of dog is Snoopy?  She is a Parsons Jack Russell Terrier
2.     When did I get her?  November 11, 2012
3.     How did she come into my life?  She was a rescue that I found online

Past Questions and Answers
1.     What is my favorite MLB baseball team? The Chicago Cubs, of course (and also the California (Now L.A.) Angels
2.     What is my favorite NHL hockey team? The Chicago Blackhawks, of course
3.     What is my favorite NFL football team? The Miami Dolphins (and also the San Diego Chargers). The Chicago Bears are my third team I guess, by default.


Television Trivia   (Another New Game Feature)

In the early 1970s, there were two prime time television shows us youngsters back then loved and did not miss watching.

1.     Can you name both of these iconic television shows?

2.     Can you name all the kid characters in those shows?

3.     Who was their adult third wheel character (not their parents)?


Current Stuff

I have been watching the Winter Olympic games each evening that I record usually the evening before (Did I ever mention I hate watching commercials?), and the trick to that is to avoid hearing the news so not to ruin the excitement of watching it recorded. I saw American downhill skier Bode Miller had some issues on his downhill run and fell back in the standings ruining his medal chances in that discipline.  I believe he is also going to do the Giant Slalom or 3G or whatever title they give it now. I think the 3G is between Downhill & GS. Anyway, good luck to him in that endeavor. I also fast forward through the figure skating and ice dancing stuff because I have no interest in those at all. I also have not much desire to see all the human-interest stories. Most of us have our own human-interest stories to contend with. Saw some Luge runs last night, which I enjoyed as well as some Women Snowboarding events. That one Czech girl took a nasty shot to the head and cracked her helmet, which was quite dramatic. I hope she is okay in the long run.  Headshots can do some damage, I for one know that well. They can come back to haunt you.

I had a nice dialog last night with Tim B via messaging.  Seems like we have a lot of similar interests and I look forward to seeing him soon, if not next year some time. Plus, I like owe this dude some serious drinks for winning all those the music trivia games, even though I had to pretty much spoon-feed him answers with a new game he was playing last night. And, I thought it was a pretty easy one at that!  Keep playing, Tim! You are a pretty tough guy to stump! J


Road Trip Planning

As most of you know, we are planning our US road trip for next year. What you may be aware of is that we are looking for anyone who is interested in traveling along with us for part of the trip. I know some folks work for themselves or they have flexibility in their work schedules. Maybe there is a part of the US you would like to see and travel through? Maybe you have been there before and would like to revisit it? Maybe there is a National Park that you always wanted to visit? Yosemite? Yellowstone? The New England area? The Appalachian Mountains? The Florida Keys? Well, my friends, this could be your chance, maybe your once in a lifetime chance to do just that! Let us know your thoughts and what you desire to do and where you would like to visit.  The world can be your oyster, and this could be your chance! Just let us know if youre interested and we can try to work it into our schedule.

As Snoopy always says… Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!


- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment