Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Last Wednesday in January 2014


For today’s music trivia contest, I had a group lined up but I did not think many people would know of them, so I just skipped over them and went down the alphabetical list to the next group.  Today’s featured band formed in 1988 and I became aware of them in the early 1990s. I think I read about their drummer, Aaron Comess in Modern Drummer magazine during one of my many business trips to Colorado most likely. This four-member American alternative rock band became popular during the Grunge days of rock and still continue today to put out good music. Songs such as, “Jimmy Olsen’s Blues”, “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong” and their biggest hit, “Two Princes” got lots of airplay during the 90s  on American airwaves.  Albums such as, “Pocket Full of Kryptonite” and “Turn it Upside Down” were commercially successful.  Can you name this American alternative rock band?

I do not like many cops. Not all cops. I’m sure the majority of them are good, honest, good intentioned individuals. I’m talking about the cops with the holier than thou attitude. The ones who use their badge, uniform and authority figure for stroking their own ego. These are the cops who give all cops a bad reputation, the dreads of our society. Sorry if you are one of the good cops or are married to a good cop. But I remember from my military days, the cops were the biggest drunks, losers and incompetent people allowed to be in the service. If you could not qualify for any other job, you could always be a cop.  By no means would I ever want to be a cop. It is a thankless job filled with hazards and resentment. That is why cops were always Irishmen or of Irish decent.  Way back the Irish were the low men on the totem pole.  They only got the jobs nobody else wanted to do.  Cops and fire fighters were the jobs nobody wanted to do. Hazardous jobs with low pay and no great benefits until the unions came along.  Anyways, I just would be better off if I never spoke to a cop ever again, except maybe one of my brother-in-laws who is a retired cop. I need to just stay away from them from now on and I will be better off in the long run.

I did find out some great news today. My alimony payments are finally over!  I was very surprised that they actually stopped on time and I did not have to try to get it corrected after the fact.  I was quite concerned that it actually worked as it was supposed to and stopped on time without additional leg-work and follow-up on my part.  That is the way it usually happens with payroll systems. If you don’t specifically follow up on some things, then you lose out on money you should have in your pocket. Anyway, now I can start making some serious payments on my ever-growing Visa card bill. It has amassed quite a balance over the past 2 ½ years and I need to get that balance down to zero prior to my retirement at the beginning of next year.  I also have a small loan with a balance of several thousand that I need to pay off before then also.

I guess my photo never came through yesterday, did it?

Just a short one today…

Bark Less and Wag More!   Until next time… Be good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment