Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Good morning!  Today’s music trivia is an alternative rock band formed in Athens, GA back in 1980.  In the late 80s this band started getting some airplay with hits such as my favorite one of their songs, “Stand”, “Losing My Religion”, “Everybody Hurts” and, “What’s the Frequency Kenneth?” Can you name this band who was most popular during the 1990-2010 timeframe?

Yesterday’s music trivia is a frequent winner of our daily contests, Tim B, who correctly identified “Queen” as our featured rock band. Thanks Tim for playing once again.  Tim also suggested that I do some more expressive writing, possibly pen a book or short story, which I have been considering and playing around with. I’ll keep you all posted on any progress that I make. I have been writing some here and there and will compile it later on into some sort of major document.

I usually write when the moment hits me. Sometimes I have to sit down and force myself to put words down. Once I get going, stuff just seems to flow out in bunches at times.  I do stop and go back to correct mistakes as they happen unless I am really on a roll with inspiration and ideas are just flowing out uncontrollably.  That is the best time to get it down and then go back and review it later on for grammar, spelling and edits. I have trouble getting my message out when I talk, but I seem to do better when I write things out. 

Many times in the past when I had to make an important phone call, prior to dialing I would write down my main narrative for what I actually wanted to say. If it was that important, then I would make sure I got my point across by writing it down first.  In college, I believe that was when I actually excelled at writing becoming a better student even though I had little time to study since I was working out on the flightline working on aircraft during my active duty days in the Air Force.  As I went out to work on airplanes, I’d have a toolbox in one hand and a bookbag full of college textbooks over my shoulder to allow me to study during any down time I might have. 

From January 1980 – Aug 1984, I was attending college full time, except during a one semester break when I left active duty (around Aug 1981). Even after I got out of active duty, I attended college night classes full time.  Those were some rough times, especially having to type up term papers on a borrowed portable typewriter at 3 O’Clock in the morning.  Using a computer to do this in today’s society is so much easier that ever using a typewriter.  I only wish back then we would have had the internet to do research instead of spending way too many hours in the library doing it old school.

Snoopy wanted e to remind all you peeps to… Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment