Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The last Tuesday of January 2014

Today’s music trivia is an American singing duo formed in the 1960s that was introduced to me at a young age by my oldest sister, Barbara, that had a hugely successful career before they broke up in 1970. Their vocal harmonies were unparalleled during the 60s but due to their rocky relationship and artistic differences, they went their separate ways.  One half, the singer/songwriter, went on to a very successful solo career. Their many, many hits included, “Cecilia”, “Mrs Robinson” (used in the soundtrack for the movie, “The Graduate”), “Bridge Over Troubled Waters” and “The Sound of Silence”.  Reuniting many times for brief concert tours over the years, including a free concert in Central Park in 1981, can you name this American folk singing duo?

I had some technical difficulties yesterday with trying to post my blog entry, so it finally went out earlier today.  Some day I hope to have it all worked out, but I somehow doubt I will ever get that process down pat, ya know? It does get quite frustrating at times but after trying for an hour or so yesterday, I just had to let it go and try again another day. I finally got it figured out, for now, hopefully.

I tried about ten times to call the Verizon Wireless help line, but the automated system couldn’t read my number correctly, the piece of crap. I finally got to speak with a person who was very helpful, thank goodness. My Hotspot MIFI internet connection was not working properly and I had had enough of it, so I was calling in for tech support, which I frequently do for electronic equipment operations. This guy even gave me his email address so I can contact him directly, which is nice! Finally a helpful and good customer service representative for once! J

I have been exploring some new music for free lately using the Rdio App on my iphone.  It is a cheap way to check out new music without investing your hard earned cash for a CD before hearing the music. I saw a video on You Tube that had a song I liked so I pulled up the CD on Rdio and gave some of the music a few minutes while I listen to what it has to offer. Now I need to figure out how I can download this music for free to my ipod library. Getting good music for free is a good thing for the consumer.

I should of explored this all when Napster was going on about ten years ago.  All kinds of peeps were getting all their music for free back then.  I have never bought any music off of the internet. All my music in my ipod libraries are from CDs I actually purchased, some I purchased multiple times due to damaged, scratched or lost CDs. I guess I am still Old School when it comes to purchasing music. Also, I actually listen to all of an album when I buy them. Those songs were produced and recorded by the artist or a reason, so I try to listen to all them. You never know what you might be missing.

I wish some of you guys and gals would start writing a blog page every once in a while.  It would be nice to have some kind of dialog going on here.  It is not hard to set it up, I mean, I did mine on my first attempt not even planning on penning one. I just knew I would receive a bunch of negative feedback from my posts on Facebook, so this way I write what the heck I want and if someone does not want to read it, they can opt out at any time. I can speak politically, religiously (or in my case no-religiously), say what I think, post my views, tell people off, congratulate someone, make fun of someone, honor someone, show respect for someone, show my feelings… and do what the heck I want. It mainly was developed for a way for Snoopy, Linus and myself to keep in touch when we go on our exploration of the USA. When we are out there using mostly back roads and camping out in the middle of nowhere as much as possible, we want to keep in touch as much as possible, to a point. This way we can share the experience with you guys, Our Beloved Peeps! J  By then I hope to know how to download and insert photos into this blog because we plan on taking lots and lots of photos to document our travels. A Picture is worth a hundred words!

Good grief, I am attempting to insert a photo Snoopy and my chubby self had taken at the Annual Tavern Pet Holiday Photo Night. I am hoping it works out okay, then, I can actually say I accomplished something useful today and I’ll have some experience inserting photos! J


Okay, we are going to close out this blog post for today. Let un know if you can view the photo or not.

As Snoopy says, Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment