Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday, January 13, 2014


January 13, 2014

Today’s music trivia is from a solo artist who also played lead guitar for one of the oldest established British rock and roll bands of all time.  Known for his signature flair of windmill strumming on the guitar, he was also the first guy to bash his guitar to bits while playing live on stage, at a time early in his career when he really could not afford to do so.  His debut solo album, “Empty Glass” included the top ten hit, “Let My Love Open the Door”, as well as the modestly successful songs “Rough Boys”, and “A Little is Enough”.  His following album, “All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes” had songs including, “Face Dances”, “Somebody Saved Me”, and also, “Slit Skirts”.  Can you name this surviving member of one of rocks most influential bands of the 1960s – the 80s and still active today?

Ever since the internet has become popular, especially with the social networks such as Facebook and My Space, a whole new vernacular has been developed, most of which I don’t understand.  I do realize that a “selfie” is a self-taken photo, usually using a smartphone camera and usually using a mirror in a bathroom.  And I know about the “photobomb” and the act of someone getting into the background of someone’s photo and totally ruining it for them.  The “duckface” is a photo of a girl puckering up like to kiss someone and looking absolutely ridiculous and gross. Then there are the “Epic Fails”, usually a photo of someone really screwed up or attempting something they really should not be attempting, many times with alcohol induced thinking, or not really thinking it all the way through.  Even the “Memes” terminology threw me for a loop for a little while.  Somebody needs to develop an on-line social networking thesaurus or a slang dictionary for us not so savvy peeps out here so we could have a clue what is going on, ya know? 

Why do some online videos take forever to load only to hang up and not able to fully watch them?  I mean, I have one of the best laptops available (MacBook Air), smartphone (iphone5s) available, the fastest MIFI available (through Verizon), and have so much trouble being able to watch a stupid online video. Even the You Tube videos tend to get hung up when trying to load. It kind of pisses me off since I pay good money to have the fastest and most current technology and I have so much trouble just trying to watch a viral video.  I also have lots of trouble trying to post on our blog almost every day it seems.  Why does my phone tell me that I have no internet connection?  I have all of the best Apple products out there and it seems like there is something always wrong.  Do I have to live at the Apple Store with all the Genius Bar technicians?  Some days I just hate technology.

I try to download and watch podcasts on my laptop but I must be doing something wrong I guess.  If I download them onto my Mac, I should be able to listen to them without being online or connected to the internet, correct?  I still have not mastered this simple procedure as of yet.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I would love to learn how to do it.

Good grief, Snoopy has really been disappointed lately because we have nor received much feedback lately.  If we don’t hear something from any of you soon, we may just discontinue this blog and put our energy into something worth while instead of wasting our time here.  Let us hear from you all…

Snoopy says, Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good

- cb

1 comment:

  1. Your doing something wrong. It should be easy, Instead of your Safari, try downloading and using Firefox.

    ReplyDelete