Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 8, 2014


Today’s music trivia is a band I discovered back in the early 1980s as an eclectic new wave/alternative rock/pop/reggae/ska/jazz/experimental band.  I guess they actually began way back in the Seventies, which I was not aware of. Their lead singer/songwriter/musician is a genius writing many soundtracks for TV and films, most notable, the theme song for The Simpsons.  Known for his firey red hair and eclectic ways, he has moved on to work mostly on soundtracks and behind the scenes. Songs such as, “Dead Man’s Party”, “Only a Lad”, and their mega hit, “Weird Science” have been broadcasted over the airwaves for decades. Can you name this very strange and popular eclectic band?

I’m kind of sleepy today sitting in my cubicle.  My alarm actually woke me up when it went off this morning, which is a rarity for me. I usually wake up before it goes off, but not today I guess.  Now I’m fighting off the sandman at 10AM at work, even while Pearl Jam is blasting in my earbuds.  I almost nodded off a couple of times today and I have to keep active just to stay awake.  When they hear the loud “Thud” they will know when my head hit the desk.  J

My iphone5S is kind of screwing up lately and it is pissing me off.  I have an iphone 4 for about two years and it worked just fine most of the time. Ever since I got this new one in September, it has been giving me fits. For some reason my weather app was stuck on Monday’s forecast, my Facebook has had some serious issues, my email said I was not connected to the internet, and the server has been down. WTF is going on?  I used to be pretty computer savvy, but these past 10 years my computer proficiency has seriously taken a nosedive.  When I switched over my personal computer to a MacBook Air laptop, I really lost my confidence and abilities. The sound and video is far superior, but learning a totally different system is a serious mind-fuck. Some days it takes me 45 minutes just to post my blog.  Good grief!  Time to go to the Apple store for some tech support…

I am so hungry right now and it is not even lunch time.  Last night for dinner I had a left over Italian Beef sandwich that I ordered from this place nearby, but it came with cheese, which kinda threw me for a loop. It was still pretty good, but nothing like back home. I guess I’ll need to get a decent one out here at Portillo’s which we have a couple out here in California, the nearest one in Buena Park I believe.  I always stop by there when I go to the Angels baseball games. I could go for one or two of their sandwiches right now!  J

Realizing that I did not too much cash in my pocket, I opted for Burger King original sandwiches today for lunch.  Two for $5.00, what a deal!  I ate one and I’ll take one home and have it for dinner most likely, unless Snoopy snags it like she does at times.

I pretty much quit posting any comments or personal opinions on Facebook since I started posting a daily blog. This way if someone does not like what I have to say, they can stop reading it.  Especially those who always thinks the post is about them all of the time. I hate when I say something then later on someone comes along and decides to chirp in on my comment.  I wonder how many relationships have broken up, or family fights have started or friends that begin to battle, all because of some improper interpretation someone makes of someone else’s comment.  It’s like that lame show, “Three’s Company” that’s only premise for each episode was some misinterpretation or partial information someone received.  It is so lame.  And people get all bent out of shape over the littlest of things too.  I could really care less if people get upset. I’m not here to impress them or make them feel any certain way. A true friend sticks with you through thick and thin and that’s what I value the most.

Okay, I’ll guess I’ll close this post for now. Good grief, it may take me another ½ hour to get it posted like it did yesterday… Keeping my fingers crossed!

Like Snoopy always says… Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment