Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It might be Tuesday, but it is 49 Weeks until Retirement!




Today’s music trivia is a pop/rock band from Illinois that started in the 70s and is still hanging together today.  I used to really like this band, especially in the late 70s and early 80s because some of their lyrics were so meaningful to me. In fact, one of their albums had such a cool title, “You Can Tune a Piano, But you Can’t Tuna Fish”.  With commercial hits such as, “Roll with the Changes”, “I Can’t Stop this Feeling”, “Candle in the Wind” and “Ridin’ the Storm Out”. Can you name this American band?

Welcome back after a nice three-day weekend!  I got to watch some football and did very little else but hang at home with Snoopy and watch TV.  I’ve been kinda lazy the past few weekends and I really should get out and ride my bicycle a bit more. I have been riding into work consistently, which is still a good thing but I really should ride my bike more in my off time. From my pad, if I ride east, the terrain is pretty flat and level, and west from my place is quite hilly all the way to the beach.  All the hills make riding quite difficult, especially since I am still out of shape, but I am still consistently working on it, which is good. 

After the Seattle VS 49er game, I changed the channel, so I did not see the idiot from the Seahawks being interviewed until someone posted it on FB.  That guy immediately made a bunch of undecided fans instant Bronco fans. Some people should just keep their mouths shut and play the damn game. I bet when he comes on the field on Super Bowl Sunday he gets booed by almost everyone in the stadium, even his own fans.  And it is rightfully deserved.  If this guy had any endorsements lined up, I doubt that deal will now come through. You what they say, you get what you reap!

Well, it’s tax time and I need to set up an appointment with my tax guy, Wally.  I am hoping to get a bunch of money back, especially since I paid alimony all damn year.  With my tax refunds I plan on paying off my attorney and also making a dent in my Visa card bill, which has grown into a sizable debt.  I need to stop using that puppy and start making some serious payments to reduce it to zero before I retire.  I am estimating my retirement paycheck to be about the same as having a large debt I have to pay off.  70% of my paycheck I estimate should be enough to live off of comfortably. Maybe not here in California, but someplace nice hopefully.

We are still looking for suggestions for places to visit on our back roads trip next year.  We have gotten some suggestions which we appreciate so very much, but we definitely need some more input from you guys. Please help us find new places to visit. We need your input since most of you have traveled all over this great country and we value your suggestions. So, c’mon people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together and love one another right now. Sorry, I sometimes just go off into rock lyrics and I begin singing, and not too well I might add.  Please, please people… give us some input so we can plan our drive accordingly. We also are looking for events such as festivals, carnivals or any kind of various annual celebrations that might be occurring along the way. We are open to all suggestions.
Today I was catching up on my listening to podcasts from last week and I found out that the Brian & Jill Show is stopping their weekday daily podcasts and will continue on a “whenever” schedule so they can pursue other endeavors, together and separately.  I can totally understand their situation to be limited in their ability to follow dreams of working on some other kind of projects.  They say they will continue to put out podcasts, but just not on a day to day schedule, which was really quite an ambitious schedule.  Hardly anyone really does a 5-day podcast per week.  Good luck to them and we look forward to hearing back from them.

I might have to do the same thing soon really myself.  I do want to do some more writing and put some more effort into those other projects, and the daily publishing does take some effort and time. I know when we get out on the road we won’t be posting daily in our blog.  Some days I really don’t have too much to say anyways, so we will keep you posted.  It’s not like we have a lot of peeps that actually follow us anyway.  We hardly get any feedback from anyone anyways which kind of makes this more of a monologue rather than a dialogue.  We do need feedback from you guys all of the time.

As Snoopy says… Bark Less and Wag More…

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment