Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday, January 15, 2015

Wednesday, January 15, 2014…

Today’s music trivia is one of my favorite British bands of all time.  I remember where I was exactly when I heard them first on the radio my Sophomore year in HS on the school bus travelling to the bowling alley for our intermural bowling league.  That song was probably their biggest hit of all time and definitely their most complex, I believe.  Their lead singer, when he was on stage, he demanded your full and undivided attention. Flambouent even more than Liberace, his nature is why the band had it’s feminine name.

There was a comedian named Mitch Hedberg I saw a long time ago and I always thought he was very funny.  I loved his cadence and how he put his personal inflection on certain words and syllables.  His deadpan demeanor and observations of life just cracks me up. Unfortunately, he tragically passed away, I believe, in 2005, from a heart attack (he had a bad heart) or possibly a drug over dose. He often admitted that he used drugs. One of his jokes was, “I used to do drugs… I still do… and I used to, too.”  Another quick joke was, “What’s the abbreviation for Arkansas?  I don’t know but just start spelling it and then quit.” If you have some free time, check out his comedy on You Tube. I think you will agree that he is very funny with his quick one-liners. I wish he was still around and still performing.  It seems that all the good comedians seem to go way too early, which is a shame.  L  Like they say, comedy is not pretty!

There are many stand-up comedians who seemed to have died way too young, including Mitch Hedberg, Greg Giraldo, Sam Kinison, Lenny Bruce, Freddie Prinze, John Belushi, Chris Farley, Phil Hartman, Patrice O’Neal, Richard Jeni, Bill Hicks, Andy Kaufman, Bernie Mac, and Robert Schimmil.  All of these great comedians went too early, most of them were in their prime.  Look for some of their stand-up comedy acts on You Tube for some really good laughs. 

You Tube is a great resource to find things we could not locate before the internet. I wish we would have had the internet when we were kids.  I think it is the best invention during our lifetime. I really could of used the internet during my college days instead of spending countless hours in libraries and in the periodical section.  Just think, I could of spent all my research time at home on the couch with a laptop.

Isn’t it funny how technology and time changes the meanings of words? Desktop used to mean the top of your desk.  Laptop meant the top or front of your thighs. Mouse meant small rat.  Keyboard was on a piano.  External hard drive meant driving your car on the Road to Hana during a rainstorm. I don’t even want to think about how they possibly could have meant to use a thumb drive.   heh heh… J

I have been riding my bicycle for about 4 weeks now and it is getting easier as each day goes by.  I have even changed my route to see different things along the way.  It seems you notice more things when you ride a bike or walk rather than when you drive a car.  It could be the speed, or the fact that you are driving and trying not to crash your car into anything.  It takes about the same amount of time to go each way, maybe with a difference of five minutes or so, which is not too bad.  I am feeling better and I am hopefully losing some of this excess fat I have gained.  My legs are feeling a bit better as well as my breathing capacity seems to be getting better also.  I still am not going out for lunch, but maybe in a few weeks I’ll feel like pedaling out during lunchtime. 

I think I need to get Snoopy involved pretty soon in this exercise routine, because she could use some more exercise too.  I have not tried taking her with me with the bicycle yet, so once we get her used to it, then maybe we will make it part of our daily exercise routine. She likes to run, but I am not too sure she will like a mandated running routine.  Most of the time she likes to do things on her own terms, just like a typical female. Maybe this weekend we will give it a try.

Like Snoopy says… Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment