Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday, January 22, 2014



Today’s music trivia is a performer who is probably known more for one of his MTV videos more than his great music.  He had women all dressed in black knit dresses, with black hair, pale faces, bright red lipstick and heavy eye makeup, resembling the popular 1980s artist Patrick Nagel, all lined up behind him just dancing back and forth.  He was known for being a sharp dresser since he always wore a suit and tie when he performed.  His solo career and his stint with the 80s super group, “Power Station” along with Andy Taylor and John Taylor of “Duran Duran” recording a couple of albums together. Hit songs such as “Doctor doctor”, “Simply Irresistible” and “Addicted to Love” got lots of airplay in the 1980s and early 90s. Can you name this now deceased British singer and artist?

Time to rant for a moment. Don’t you just hate when someone leaves you a voicemail message to call them back and they don’t tell you what they wanted?  This happens all the time to me and it begins to piss me off after a while. What the heck did you want?  Did you need some kind of information from me?  How can I get that info for you when you don’t tell me what you need from me? So I need to call you back so you can tell me, I need this from you?  I make it a point not to call people back. They call me up and say, “Hey, why didn’t you call me back?”  I then ask, “What did you need from me?  You didn’t say so I figured it was not that important.”  Leave a meaningful voicemail and then I’ll call you back and provide that info to you. Otherwise I guess you get what you get.

My neighbor a month or so ago saw my motorcycle just sitting outside my apartment not running and asked me if I wanted to sell it. I responded that I never thought about it. He stated that he is not doing anything during the day since he is out of work on disability and he has time during the day to work on it and get it back running and on the road. He said he could use a motorcycle and asked me how much would I sell it for? Off the top of my head I replied, “I guess maybe five hundred dollars?”  He said he would like to buy it but he would need to make payments on it, maybe a hundred dollars at a time. He has been a pretty good neighbor for the most part.

Recently at my local watering hole I was talking with a young friend of mine who said he wanted to buy a motorcycle and I somehow mentioned the deal I had made with my neighbor.  This friend said he would buy my bike since I have not heard anything else from my neighbor nor received any cash so far. I think sometime last week I told my friend to come by my place and check it out. I never heard back from my friend and I just saw my neighbor who mentioned the motorcycle once again. Then I get a text not two days later saying he wanted to come buy my bike. I felt bad when I told him that my neighbor already has dibs on the bike. I don’t want to go back on my word with my neighbor who asked about the bike first and I also felt bad for my friend. I recommended to my friend a bike shop that sells used bikes at reasonable prices but he never responded. I guess me may be pissed at me, which I am sorry for. I guess I need to speak with my neighbor about the motorcycle and see what his status is and try to clarify all of this up soon. Sorry guys… I know we can work it out.

Good grief, my dog Snoopy continues to get into things and make a mess.  She steals food and even drinks that I have not given her whether it be an entire pizza or something that had food on it, whether it be a food wrapper or napkin. She gets a hold of whatever it is and tears it up. She even steals used Q-Tips and tissues that I have used from the bathroom trashcan. A friend said Snoopy just want things with my smell on it and the food things are self-explanatory. For instance, I came home from work yesterday and she had taken the Styrofoam cup with lid and straw from off the TV tray and tore it up, spilling it all over the place. I swear some days she is going to make a mess and I am going to send her off to never-never land.  It gets old cleaning up her constant mess. I have thought about making a sign and taking a photo of her and posting on Facebook to shame her as I have seen other dog owners do. I know she knows that she did something wrong. I need to break her of this bad habit.  Anyone have any suggestions besides dog-proofing my place each and every time I leave, which gets old after a while? 

Okay, I ranted about voicemails, motorcycle selling and about my dog, Snoopy and her issues… I guess I should get this blog posted for today…

We have a special blog post coming up later this week!  Make sure you check it out! 

As Snoopy continues to say… Bark Less and Wag More!

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment