Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Starting my final year of full time employment…


Starting my final year of full time employment…

Today’s music trivia artist was formally the lead singer of the group, “10,000 Maniacs” until leaving the group in 1993 to start her solo career.  This singer/songwriter had a successful debut album released in 1995, “Tigerlily” with the hits, “Jealousy” “Wonder” as well as, “Carnival”.  Can you name this female singer/songwriter/musician?

Sorry folks for not posting on our blog yesterday.  I was suffering with back pain and did not make it into work yesterday.  With the meds I was on, I just couldn’t muster the energy to write anything that would be worth reading, trust me. Anyways, here is another music trivia to kinda make up for it.

Today’s second music trivia artist is an American band that formed back in 1986 out of the city of Anaheim located in the OC (Orange County).  Their lead singer is a bleach blonde girl with a great voice and the band themselves play a blend of rock, reggae and ska. With hits such as, “I’m Just a Girl”, “Spiderweb” and , “Don’t Speak” all coming from their third album, “Tragic Kingdom” back in 1995, the release of this album made them a huge success receiving lots of airplay.  Can you name this popular Southern California band?

Well, my Chargers won this past weekend to move into the AFC Championship Game, but unfortunately they will be meeting the Denver Broncos who have played pretty well this year.  I actually think we can beat them since we only got beat by them by 8 points last time when we played them.  I’ll be rooting for the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game.  I guess I’m more of an AFC fan than NFC fan, but the Bears are playing golf next week.  Go Chargers!

The good thing about not putting up a tree or decorations for Christmas is that you don’t have to take them down, pack them up and store them.  I did put out some small little blue lights, but I think I’m gonna leave them up for the time being.  It’s sort of like pimping my crib… heh heh… J  By my front door it is pretty dark at night, so this gives the dump some ambiance… J

363 days until retirement.  Thus is the last Jan 7th I’ll ever be working at the job, unless I get bored later in life and decide to work part-time, which I highly doubt! I know I could come back here and work for Space X, a private company that builds rockets for various payloads.  Maybe later on if I decide to stay in the So Cal area? 
Who knows what I’ll do then?  I used to have a job that I really liked and a boss I could work with, but this job and these bosses here suck the life out of you if you would allow them.  I don’t plan hanging around here long enough to allow them to do that.  I’ve done my time and another chapter in my life is waiting to be written.

I’ve decided not to shave for a while and I’m letting my beard grow out for a while until I get tired of it.  I’m curious to see how much grey will make up my facial hair not that I am getting up there in age.  I did have a goatee in 2013 for a little while which was pretty much all grey, but we will see what happens here shortly.  It has been about a week now and it looks like it almost all grey so far.  It is definitely grey at the temples near my ears, so that area has already gone south (Grey).

I also have been keeping my hair pretty short this year so far.  Two haircuts within two months, that has got to be a record for me.  I usually have maybe two years between haircuts.  It does make the shower time much shorter, now about half the time, and I am saving a bunch of shampoo and conditioner with the shorter hair.  We will see what happens and how I feel later during the year.

I got my W2 tax statements already this year.  I can make my appointment to get my taxes done as soon as possible so I can get my refund back quickly.  That way I can finish paying off my attorney, all my court costs, fees, etc., and hopefully slap down some cash on the Visa card bill that is hanging over me waiting to be paid off prior to retirement. All that alimony paid out has been killing me these past few years and I’ll be glad to not have to pay that for the rest of my life.  California divorce laws are so antiquated and they do need to be changed so we don’t get screwed over by overly greedy fricking ex-spouses.  Sit on your ass and do absolutely nothing and get rewarded for it. Some deal they get here.  Hey, go get a job you lazy piece of trash!

Good grief, this year we need to downsize and get rid of a lot of these possessions that I have.  I have too much stuff that I really don’t need.  So I’ll be putting some things for sale on Craig’s list as well some of my Porsche stuff I have accumulated since back in 2000 when I got it.  I know some peeps in my Porsche Club of America will be keen to buy some of the things I have.  From signs, lighted and unlighted, to commemorative wrist watches, to performance analyzers, to a racing harness bar, wall hangings, car covers, front end bras, gear shift knobs, leather mirror covers, and even a racing helmet.  I may keep the helmet just in case I get a wild hair and need to get some track time under my belt.  But a lot of these things I don’t really need anymore.  Most of it adorned my garage when I had my house.  Oh how I miss my double car garage.  Here in So Cal, I could get by living in a three-car garage literally. I never needed a house, but I always have needed a garage.  I’m even selling my motorcycle that I bought brand new back in April 1982. I’ll get another one later, but I might as well sell it instead of having to store it while I’ll be on the road for a year or so. 

Then I have my musical instruments.  My drum kit, my drum practice pads, my electric guitar.  Should I sell these things or should I just store them for the road  trip? Maybe I’ll get me an acoustical guitar and take that on the road with me?  I’ll have plenty of free time to practice hanging around the campfire at night with Snoopy.  I can get a super cheap one for @ $100.00 I bet.  I have to remember that I will have very limited space inside Linus to store any additional equipment. Space inside will be at a premium and it’s already pretty full.  Decisions, decisions…

I need to talk with my neighbor again about my auxiliary battery system and how I can get it to work for me with my power inverter. Do I need to bring a generator or can I get along without one using just my aux battery system?  I think there may be a way to do it, but I need to be proficient and knowledgeable of it’s workings. I would like to get a smaller generator, just to conserve space since my current one has a pretty large footprint which takes up a lot of space.

I guess I need to close this post and get it out there for you all.

Snoopy says, “Wag More and Bark Less!”…

Until next time… Be Good!

- cb

No comments:

Post a Comment