Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday, June 2, 2014





1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 214 Days and counting

Blackhawks
My Chicago Blackhawks hockey season ended late last night in a 4-5 loss to the Los Angeles Kings.  The Hawks played their hearts out only to lose in sudden death Overtime to a hungry Western Conference team in the 7th and final game of the series. Overall, it was a fine season, but to Die Hard Hawks Fans it came up way short of the Stanley Cup Championship we all envisioned. Thank you Blackhawks for a great season and we all look forward to another stellar season starting in September. We shall root for the LA Kings now since they defeated our favorite team. Now, go and enjoy some well-deserved time off and work a little on that bad slice in your golf game.

Depression
Depression is the hardest emotion or condition I ever had to deal with. It is physiological as well as a serious mental condition. I believe everyone has dealt with this emotion at one time or another. I know I have had several bouts with this terrible condition and I have crawled and finally pulled out of it after reaching some all time lows. It is a tough situation to be in. I have a dear friend that has been dealing with depression for so very many years, and I never know how to help them, if it is even possible to help them. I always found that I needed to occupy my time doing something to keep me busy.

Listening to music was one of the best therapies I had. I would come home from work and turn on my stereo right away and it would be the last thing I shut down before crawling into bed. It helped me a great deal because it could touch my inner soul like nothing else ever could.

My motorcycle also helped me immensely. Being able to jump on it and ride anywhere, without even a destination in mind, was such a great relief. Exploring back roads never knowing where I would end up was such an adventure and an outlet for me.

Like Billy Crystal said in City Slickers, you need to find that one thing in your life you can grab a hold of to keep you focused and safe from all the problems we plague ourselves with. My three bouts of deep depression were all kicked off with major changes or events in my life.  Two of them were failed marriages, which I never envisioned or really understood why they failed. The other issue was ironically my motorcycle accident in 1984.  Even after surviving that horrific accident, when I was able to get back on it and ride was such a relief and contributing factor to my recovery, the cause was actually the cure.  I guess what I am trying to say is, everyone needs to find that one thing that can bring you back from such deep lows in your life.

My key was to get out and enjoy the outdoors, explore and enjoy the act of being in the moment. Every morning when I wake up and see the sun shining and I see the blue sky it tells me that I am lucky to be alive and in this place to enjoy it.  Enjoy the moment as it happens.  The precious present is what it is all about.


Self Worth
What are you worth? Have you ever asked that question to yourself? I always pondered that question myself. What am I really worth?  And what am I worth to certain individual people or to society in general?  What am I specifically worth to you, my friends?  Would you take a bullet for me? Would you loan or give me a large amount of money if I really needed it in a life or death situation?  Would your spouse or significant other choose you over themselves? Would they really do that? If you had to choose someone to die, either you or your spouse, and they would not know that you sacrificed yourself for them, which would you choose?


Number 1
I believe everyone has a list of favorite humans that they rank people. Being Number 1 on someone’s list is where I have always wanted to be. But I don’t believe I have ever been someone’s actually Number 1.  Number 1 entails being the most important person in someone’s life. Higher than their kids, their parents, their siblings or even their pets. (You would not believe that some people put their pets as #1 in their lives.)  I was married twice, and I never felt as I was #1 ever. My second marriage, her daughter was #1 on her list. I was in some serious relationships and it is doubtful I ever felt as if I was #1.

So, is it fair that I put someone as #1 on my list and not have them put me as #1 on their list? If it is not them that rank you as #1, who’s list will you be #1 on?  The answer is nobody. So this is the single most important reason I refuse to explore any chance of a relationship with someone that has kids.  I will never be #1 on their list, plain and simple. And if I have no chance of being that #1 person, why should I give my heart to anyone ever again? That is the dilemma I am faced with. I long and need to be #1 on someone’s list.  Is this attainable or even remotely possible?  I seriously doubt it.  The only individual that even remotely considers this is my dog Snoopy, and I seriously doubt that at times. Before I die, I would like to be #1 with someone, someplace, somehow, someday…


Things That Piss Me Off
Baseball caps worn all crooked
If you want to wear a baseball cap, wear it correctly. Curve the bill or brim and wear it centered on your head, or even backwards is okay.  Don’t be wear it all crooked like you are some homie or gangsta wannabe from the hood.  Act like you have more sense than that. You are not cool or even close… and take off the stupid sticker. It’s like a few years ago when the homies left the tags on, just like when they probably stole it. If I worked at a store and you had the tag and sticker still on it I would accuse you of stealing it.  Act like a thief, get treated like a thief.  Just saying…


Simple Joys of Life  A New Blog Feature

The sweet smell of orange blossoms, honeysuckle or jasmine… a simple joy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Lyrics From an Artist Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the 3 song titles?

Lyrical Clues

1.     Sunshine Daydream, walking in the tall trees…

2.     If I get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight…

3.     What a long, strange trip it’s been…

Answers:  ????
--------------------------------------------------

Lyrics From an Artist - Previous Game 

Lyrical Clues:

1.     She’s looking at you? I don’t think so!  She’s looking at me… (Mr Jones)

2.     I felt so symbolic yesterday… If I knew Picasso… (Rain King)

3.     In between the moon and you the angels gets a better view of the crumbling difference between wrong and right… (Round Here)

Answer:   Counting Crows
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:
1970s comedy show
Lead actor committed suicide at the peak of his career (and way too young)
Had some well-seasoned actors
“Looking Good”

Answer:  
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:
Suicide is Painless (Opening song)
Walter O’Reilly
Henry Blake

Answer:   M*A*S*H
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: How many times has Michael been married?

Answer:  ?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: Not counting shoveling snow or mowing lawns, what was Michael’s first job he received an actual paycheck for?

Answer:  Michael was a paperboy delivering the Chicago American (later became the Chicago Today), and later on the Chicago Tribune afternoons as well as on Sunday mornings.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy begs that you please, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment