Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tuesday, June 10, 2014



1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 206 Days and counting

Retirement Paperwork
This week I began another round of Retirement paperwork, this time, to payback my active duty military time so it will apply to my retirement annuity.  It is a long, drawn out process where you have to fill out forms and then send away for an estimated earnings document.  From that we have to fill out more forms to get an estimate of the amount of interest I have to pay on the amount I made during those four years of active duty.  During the four years of being active duty, I only made just over $26,000.00 for that entire four-year period!  I could not live just one year on that amount. Boy, they really got their money’s worth. Times really have changed.

Retirement Annuity
After I pay back the $9000.00 + from my active duty days, I should be getting around just under $80,000.00 per year starting off. That amount will grow with inflation (hopefully) as the years go by. With that amount, I should be able to live comfortably if I move out of California, which is likely. California takes 13.3% state taxes right off the top of your retirement pay, which is one of the highest states to do so. That I just can’t afford to do on a fixed income. We will see what happens in the future.

Entitlements
Where in the world did some of these people get the idea that they are entitled to anything in life?  Why do kids think they are entitled to a smartphone, to internet access, money allowance, a car, or anything else?  Good thing I am not a parent or grandparent these days because I am afraid I would not be too politically correct. And who said I have to be politically correct?  I did not sign up for that responsibility and really don’t want to even try to do that.  I like offending some people, on a regular basis, and as much as humanly possible.  I go out of my way not to be politically correct everyday.  I promise not to try to be politically correct ever, that is the only promise I will make.

Blog Games
I guess participation in my blog games have hit a recent downturn lately. I did not think identifying lyrics from songs would be such a difficult thing really.  I myself would love to play these games. Maybe that is the problem, that the=se are games I would like to play.  With little or no feedback from our readers really makes guessing your likes and dislikes a tough thing to do.  So give us some feedback, tell us what you would like to see and maybe we will take your advice? Then again… maybe not? J

Facial Hair
I began growing my facial hair as an homage to the hockey playoffs and their tradition of growing their facial hair as a superstition.  It began as a full beard, then it was trimmed down into a goatee, and now it has morphed into sort of like a cross between a Richard Rawlings facial hair (the owner guy from Fast & Loud, not the guy with the long beard) and maybe Col Sanders from KFC.  I always seem to play around with it as I slowly take it off to nothing, and then sometimes start again. I was doing the once a week shave like Dr House, but it gets a bit itchy during the warm weather months. I like to change it up a bit. J

Simple Joys of Life  (A New Blog Feature)

Smiling at someone for no other reason than just to make them feel good!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Lyrics From an Artist Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the song title?

Lyrical Clues:
Maybe tomorrow
When he looks down
On every green field, whoo-hoo
And every town
All of his children
In every nation
There'll be peace and good
Brotherhood

Answers:  ????
--------------------------------------------------

Lyrics From an Artist - Previous Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the song title?

Lyrical Clues:
Up all night I could not sleep
The whiskey that I drank was cheap
With shakin' hands I went and I lit up my last cigarette
Well the sun came, night had fled
And sleepy eyed I reached my bed
I saw you sleepy dreamin' there all covered and warm
Song = South City Midnight Lady

Answer:   The Doobie Brothers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:

1970s Detective Drama
Firebird Esprit
Opening of the show started with an answering machine message being played
James Garner

Answer:  
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:
1.     Mid 1960s - Mid 70s TV Drama Show
2.     Broadcasted “In Color”
3.     Efrem Zimbalist, Jr

Answer:   The FBI (In Color)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  Did Michael play hockey left-handed or right-handed?

Answer:  ?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: What kind of dog breed is Michael’s dog, Snoopy?

Answer:   Parsons Jack Russell Terrier
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy begs that you please, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!

-           cb


No comments:

Post a Comment