Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thursday, June 12, 2014


                                                               Wavy Gravy


1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 204 Days and counting

Auto pay for Bills
I have registered online a while back with my bank for auto pay for almost all of my recurring bills.  I rarely even write a check anymore. I have auto-payments for my rent, gas bill, electric bill, and even for a credit union loan I still have. My visa card bill I pay online but I do it manually because I try to pay as much as I can to reduce it down to zero, which should be very soon. I am hoping to only have recurring bills when I am on the road for my storage unit and visa bill, since I will be using it for gasoline, food purchases, and misc stuff.  I can hopefully save up some money and maybe build up a small nest egg not having to pay monthly bills such as rent, electric, gas, etc.

Dual Purpose Tools
I learned an important lesson from Alton Brown, the food and science geek from the host of the TV show, “Good Eats” televised on both The Food Network and The Cooking Channel. He believes all kitchen tools and utensils should be multi-taskers, meaning that if a tool or utensil only does one thing then it needs to go. All tools that remain must be multi-taskers, which will free up some of your kitchen storage, which is always nice.  I believe the same rule should go for things in my bus.  Each and every item should be able to do multiple things. So I have been thinking of going thru all the nonessential items stored in Linus and removing those things that do not have multiple usages. That should clear up a bunch of things I would think. Linus only has so much storage available, so doing this exercise kinda makes sense to me.

Magnets for Linus
A lot of the interior of my bus is made up of steel, since it is such a vintage model year. This affords me the usage of magnets and magnetic hooks for securing items such as side door privacy curtains, mounting and displaying items such as posters, photos, etc, which otherwise would be difficult to mount.  I went online and purchased some strong rare earth magnets, which really do the trick quite nicely. It’s these little things that you can do to make such a difference and much easier. Sometimes you gotta think outside of the box to remedy a situation that was otherwise troubling.

Lyrics From an Artist
We guess this game was too hard for the casual person, so Snoopy and Linus decided to halt this game for the time being and we have replaced it with another, hopefully more fun game for their peeps called “Famous Quotes”. This game features a quote from a known someone and you have to put the quote with who was the person who said it. Simple, huh? Some of these quotes will be easily known, but some may be a bit difficult. If you really think about some of these quotes, the person who said it should pop into your mind. We will see how it goes for a little while and make adjustments accordingly.

Facebook Software Upgrade
Today I noticed a new software upgrade for Facebook was available for downloading. I was very hesitant on downloading it because it every time they do it, the upgrade seems worse. It said the upgrade was developed for reliability and speed. Ha! We will see about this! I hope I won’t regret this download and upgrade. Let us know how you feel about it.


Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom  (A New Blog Feature)

A smile at the right moment can act like sunlight on a closed up flower. It may be the turning point for a struggling life!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.  Lyrics From an Artist - Previous Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the song title?

Lyrical Clues:
Maybe tomorrow
When he looks down
On every green field, whoo-hoo
And every town
All of his children
In every nation
There'll be peace and good
Brotherhood
Song: = Crystal Blue Persuasion

Artist Answer  =   Tommy James and The Shondells
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.  Famous Quotes  (New Game)

Who is credited for saying the following quote?

Quote:  “Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.”

Answer:  ???
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:
Mid 70s Mystery/Drama TV Show
White 1974 Corvette with “SPIRIT” License plate
Character “Anthony Blake”
Bill Bixby

Answer:  
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:
1970s Detective Drama
Firebird Esprit
Opening of the show started with an answering machine message being played
James Garner

Answer:  The Rockford Files
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  Would we rather live in a penthouse in Manhattan, NY or in a cabin on a lake?

Answer:  ?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: Did Michael play hockey left-handed or right-handed?

Answer:   Michael played hockey left-handed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy begs that you please, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment