Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday, June 3, 2014




1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 213 Days and counting


Eligibility
Today I am 100 days away from being officially eligible to retire! That also means that I only have 99 days left before being 55 years old, then I will only have 113 days left until retirement.  This year has been just flying by. I hope it really slows up pretty soon, especially in about 6 months or after when I retire! J


Large Crowds
I just realized that I don’t care to be around large crowds any longer.  When I was younger, I had no problem with large crowds.  Heck, I attended the US Festival ’83 with well over 100,000 people attending in just one day.  I guess in my later years I just don’t want to be bothered with them and all the inconveniences that come with them. The long lines for everything… the food vendors, parking gridlock, restroom lines, etc.  I just don’t want to deal with all the hassle of it all any more.  Am I getting old or have I already arrived at old?  Makes me stop and think about it for a moment and wonder… what did I just say? I am embarrassed to admit it I guess.


Puddles
As most of you know, I have been riding my bicycle into work for about 6 months now and it is not that much of an issue anymore. The terrain is relatively flat, so the ride effort is gentle and easy. I do encounter some head winds on the ride home almost every day since I have to ride West, and a small hill, but otherwise it is pretty much all flat, which is nice. Yesterday morning I was riding on the sidewalk going South on Sepulveda Blvd when some yahoo driving by decided to hit a puddle of standing water on the side of the road and douse me head to toe. Luckily the water evaporated and did not leave me with stains and spots on my work clothes all day. Today I was more careful keeping the puddles and traffic in close observation to avoid a repeat of yesterday’s fiasco.


Simple Joys in Life
I started a new feature this week (see below) trying to focus on the positive rather than the negative. The negative is so much easier to write about. It basically is venting our frustrations, which can be too much of a negative without some balance. That is what this new feature is, an attempt to bring some balance into our blog posts. Too much negativity is not a real good thing, ya know? Tell me how you like it, okay?


Friends
Yesterday I received a call from a friend of mine who I haven’t spoke with in a while, and it was nice to talk to them. I explained my immediate retirement plans with the road trip around the US back roads. She mentioned that she would like to do that, but I told her that she was not the camping type, unless it involves a 4 star hotel sleep over. Of all people, she is not one I would ever consider to be a camping type of a person.  I mean, she is basically a valley girl. Yes, that kind of a valley girl. In fact, she finally admitted it and I have been telling her that she has been one for oh so many years.  Anyway, it was nice to chat with her once again!


Stealing Energy
Life is all about energy, getting it and giving it. Sharing it with someone you care about or having it stolen from you by someone who does not deserve to get our energy. If you know someone who is always draining your energy, then they need to go. Those that freely give you their energy are those friends you want to keep in your life. I don’t need a lot of friends, just some really good friends. The positive energy friends are what we all need in our lives! The others are just a drain on your energy reserves. Give your energy only to those who need it and don’t let it be stolen by drama queens or energy thieves!  You are better than that!


Simple Joys of Life  (A New Blog Feature)

The sounds of laughing children… so innocent and nice….
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Lyrics From an Artist Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the 3 song titles?

Lyrical Clues:

1.     I’ve never been to England, but I kinda like The Beatles…

2.     Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain…

3.     A child is black, a child is white, together they grow to see the light


Answers:  ????
--------------------------------------------------

Lyrics From an Artist - Previous Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the 3 song titles?

Lyrical Clues:

1.     Sunshine Daydream, walking in the tall trees… (Sugar Magnolia)

2.     If I get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight… (Friend of the Devil)

3.    What a long, strange trip it’s been… (Truckin’)

Answer:   The Grateful Dead
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:
Chicago’s “Cabrini Green” projects
Florence & James
J.J.
“Dynomite!”

Answer:  
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:
1970s comedy show
Lead actor committed suicide at the peak of his career (and way too young)
Had some well-seasoned actors
“Looking Good”

Answer:   Chico and the Man
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: Michael is really not a candy person, except for one kind. What kind of candy is his weakness?

Answer:  ?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: How many times has Michael been married?

Answer:  Two… which is too many times!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy begs that you please, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment