Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

                                              


1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 192 Days and counting




Ten years ago today my Dad Joe passed away. There is not a day that passes that I don't think about him and miss him. Rest in Peace Dad!  I love you!


Travels & Destinations

Montana
I have always wanted to go to Montana, but never have been there as of yet. I guess it is what I always think of when you think about cowboys and the mountain-man lifestyle. Even though Wyoming is right next to it, it still never had the allure of Montana to me. 

So, anyways, I really would like to go to Montana and spend some time there. I have my cowboy hat ready for the trip there!  Snoopy will see the mountains and all that open-range land and will want to take off and run forever!  I like the fact that there is so much land and it is very limited on residents living there. I just might have to stay there for a while.  J

Wyoming
I have been to Wyoming already. My buddy Darrell and I drove all the way to Rawlins, WY on a 5 day weekend, driving 16 ½ hours each way for another friend’s wedding and bachelor party. I remember my buddy Darrell got a speeding ticket in Utah on the way there, and it was during the only hour that he drove the entire trip too!

I also remember we kept seeing all these billboards for some fried chicken restaurant on the way there. Since we were in a hurry to get there, we did not stop except for gas and bathroom breaks. On the return trip we saw the billboard signs once again and I said, “Oh we are going to get some of that damn chicken!” So the signs kept flying by… 60 minutes to fried chicken, 45 minutes, 30 minutes, 15 minutes… then we finally get there.  I tell Darrell, this better be some damn good chicken, so we mosey on in and sit down in a booth, and the waitress comes to take our order and I tell her I want half a fried chicken just for myself. She tells me, I’m sorry… we are all out of chicken. I just wanted to go postal on this place. After tempting us with this fried chicken for all these miles and now you’re telling me there is no f*ing chicken?  WTF is that about?  I remember thinking, Hey, I want my f*ing Chicken right now!!!


I guess The Devil’s Tower is located in Wyoming.  I always thought it was located in SD, but apparently I have been mistaken. I have seen it on TV and in movies (Close Encounters of the Third Kind), but it is on my list of things to see there.  Also, The Grand Tetons (Mountains) are located in Wyoming

To be continued…


Simple Joys of Life & Words of Wisdom    

Before you assume… learn the facts!
Before you judge… understand why!
Before you hurt someone… feel!
Before you speak… think!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.  Famous Quotes

Who is credited for saying the following quote?

“This is my simple religion.  There is no need for temples.  No need for complicated philosophy.  Our own brain, our own heart is our temple.  The philosophy is kindness.”

Answer:
-------------------------------------------------------

Famous Quotes  (Previous Game)

Who is credited for saying the following quote?

“Don’t ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!”

Answer:   John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States & Navy Hero
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  Are we (Snoopy, Linus and cb) considered Liberal or Conservative?

Answer:  ?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: Michael spent his first two years right out of HS and in the military (USAF) living in what state?

Answer:  The Republic of Texas, from Aug 1977 – Sep 1979. He was in Europe for 3 of those months in the Autumn of 1978.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy begs that you please, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment