Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday, June 9, 2015




1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 207 Days and counting


Happy birthday Rosanne!  Love you, Ro!  :)

Automated Phone Systems
I’m sure everyone agrees that automated phone systems are the worse thing ever!  The other day my computer would not let me access our system here at work, so I call the computer help desk (which is located all the way on the East Coast of our nation) and it is an automated phone system. So I sit there and wait for about 15-20 minutes until an actual person answers the phone.  I hate these impersonal systems! The commercial from the Discover Card which addresses customers getting a real person on the phone does hit home, that is why their current commercials are a hit.

Bad Cops
Many of you probably now, I am not a big fan of cops. I have dealt with many of them during my lifetime and they mostly have been pretty corrupt and have overstepped their authority too many times.  I also have seen too many videos online that have also shown their blatant disregard for American’s citizen’s rights.  That is why I plan on getting a couple of video cameras and installing them in my bus for our road trip adventure. This way when they decide to hassle me, I’ll have video proof of my innocence and evidence of their malfeasance and overstepping their authority. I just have had too many bad experiences with them in the past and I’m trying to cover all my bases, just in case of another bad experience.  I guess a picture is worth a thousand words.

Discontinued Products
I hate when a product I like and have been using for a while all of a sudden gets discontinued. It happens all the time, especially with health and hair products such as vitamins, shampoos, conditioners, etc.  All of a sudden, one day and they are gone! I mean, WTF is that all about? It kinda gets me pissed after a while.  Then you try searching for it and it is nowhere to be found. If there is a big enough demand for a product, why discontinue it?

Chores and Kids
A friend of mine has a problem with getting her teenage kids to help around the house and with yard work, etc.  She asked her kids to help her and they gave her a bunch of cranky feedback.  It’s funny, because my Dad never asked us to help, he would tell us to get it done and that was it. After we were of age to be able to do it, that was our chores. I mowed the lawn, front, back and side yards, collected the grass and put it all in bags, and then I also trimmed around the fence. (FYI – We had a ¼ acre back yard, one of the largest in our community.) I also had to shovel snow, which included the driveway and the sidewalks before and after school, plus I helped my Mom with her garden, rose bushes, lilac bush, as well as raking leaves in the autumn. My weekly inside job on Saturdays was to vacuum the living room and hallway carpets. I also did all my own laundry starting at age 11 or so. 

For the record, you never wanted my Dad to have to tell you to mow the lawn, because besides mowing the lawn you would get some additional chore to do, so next time you knew to get it done before he asked about it.  If he even mentioned that the lawn was looking a bit shaggy, you better get up and get to it before he said anything else. I guess I would have been the same if I would have had my own kids. Kids now-a-days think they are entitled to too many things and I believe you have to earn your keep as well as earn any privileges or luxuries you may be given. I always made my nephews do chores they normally did not do. They would say something like, “My Mom or Dad does not make me do that”, and I would reply “I am not your Mom or Dad, so go do it now!”  I always had different rules then their parents did and I approached the kids much differently also. I would spoil them one way but demand a lot from them in other ways. The carrot or the stick… it’s up to them.

  
Simple Joys of Life  (A New Blog Feature)

Hearing a long forgotten song that you really like a lot! J
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Lyrics From an Artist Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the song title?

Lyrical Clues:

Up all night I could not sleep
The whiskey that I drank was cheap
With shakin' hands I went and I lit up my last cigarette
Well the sun came, night had fled
And sleepy eyed I reached my bed
I saw you sleepy dreamin' there all covered and warm

Answers:  ????
--------------------------------------------------

Lyrics From an Artist - Previous Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the 3 song titles?

Lyrical Clues:

Your prison is walking through this world all alone… (Desperado)

I was thinking ‘bout a woman who might have Loved me and I never knew… (Take It to the Limit)

Then she lit up a candle and showed me the way… (Hotel California)

Answer:   The Eagles
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:
Mid 1960s - Mid 70s TV Drama Show
Broadcasted “In Color”
Efrem Zimbalist, Jr

Answer:  
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:
1.     Shaolin Temple Monk
2.     Kwai Chang Caine
3.     “Grasshopper”

Answer:   Kung Fu
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: What kind of dog breed is Michael’s dog, Snoopy?

Answer:  ?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: Michael has owned only one convertible car. Can you name the make and model of that car?

Answer:  1969 Fiat 124 Spyder
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy begs that you please, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment