Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday, June 6, 2014




1. For What It’s Worth                                                              - 210 Days and counting


Today is the 70th Anniversary of the Invasion of Normandy.  We salute those troops that gave up their lives for our country's battles and those who survived the historic day!  God Speed!

Michael has been out of the office for a couple of days with back pain, so there was no blog postings for the last couple of days since I had left my laptop locked up in my office.  Sorry for anyone that was disappointed. It seems like our readership has dropped significantly lately, so how can we boost it? Any suggestions?

Back pain
Living with chronic back pain can get depressing at times. Living with the day-to-day pain is one thing, but when it flares up and really hurts bad is another thing. I take flexeril which are muscle-relaxers and I have Vicodin and morphine for the pain, which I try not to take if at all possible.

The Only Thing Worse than Back Pain …
The only thing worse than back pain is getting migraine headaches, which I also get every once in a while, which really makes a bad day or two. All you can do to relieve it is to sleep the day away and hope it is gone when you wake up. Last year I had a headache for over 7 weeks, which was terrible. Luckily it was not the caliber of a migraine, but it sucked just the same.

Crock Pot Recipes Desired
I recently acquired a Crock-pot for our road trip and backroads travel adventure and I am looking for some easy recipes to use. The unit came with some but I’m looking for any I can get for our usage.

Dutch Oven Recipes Desired
We also have a cast iron Dutch oven we have never used before, so we need to do some practice before we hit the road early next year.  It is probably overkill having both, but the Crock-pot can be cooking while we are doing something else. One requires power and one can be used over the campfire or just using coals. I guess I need to start using them both to learn the capabilities of both. We are receptive to any recipes we can get from you guys, our peeps! So, if any of you peeps have some, send them our way via email at… Hermosakid@yahoo.com  J

Cooking with a Wok
I have been cooking with a wok for several decades now and I am quite good at it, if I say so myself. I think I will take it along when we hit the road for an additional cooking option. It is a quick way to cook and it cleans up so easily too.  


Simple Joys of Life  (A New Blog Feature)

The awesome feeling when your golf shot goes perfectly up in the air just as you envisioned it and then it lands softly on the green, and your buddy sees it happen!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Lyrics From an Artist Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the 3 song titles?

Lyrical Clues:

Your prison is walking through this world all alone…

I was thinking ‘bout a woman who might have Loved me and I never knew…

Then she lit up a candle and showed me the way…

Answers:  ????
--------------------------------------------------

Lyrics From an Artist - Previous Game 

Can you guess the Artist and also the 3 song titles?

Lyrical Clues:

I’ve never been to England, but I kinda like The Beatles… (Never Been to Spain)

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain… (Shambala)

A child is black, a child is white, together they grow to see the light (Black & White)

Answer:   Three Dog Night

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues:
Shaolin Temple Monk
Kwai Chang Caine
“Grasshopper”

Answer:  
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:
Chicago’s “Cabrini Green” projects
Florence & James
J.J.
“Dynomite!”

Answer:   Good Times
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: Michael has owned only one convertible car. Can you name the make and model of that car?

Answer:  ?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: Michael is really not a candy person, except for one kind. What kind of candy is his weakness?

Answer:  Chocolate… who is not weak to all that chocolaty goodness?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy begs that you please, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be Good!


-           cb

No comments:

Post a Comment