Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1, 2014



                                                                The cutest puppy ever!


1. For What It's Worth

I love Rottweilers. I wanted to get a Rotti puppy, but I was concerned about the liability of having one and how they are misunderstood and perceived as vicious animals. I found that to be not true at all. They are some of the most lovable and loyal dogs out there. They seem to get thrown in the same category as pit bulls, which are also misunderstood animals. It is all about the owners and how they treat and raise their dogs.  Anyways, I opted for a smaller and more PC kind of dog, the Parsons Jack Russell Terrier, which is a breed so full of energy and quite smart.  They also can be very stubborn too. Snoopy was a welcomed addition to my team and I am glad to have her in my life.  She is a good puppy dog and I hope I am just as good a good butler to her. J

We got a new neighbor about a month ago, Jeff, who seems to be a good guy. Unfortunately he has a table saw in his garage that he has been using which is basically right across the small courtyard between our duplex buildings. It is super loud and having to deal with the saw noise as well as the aircraft noise coming from nearby LAX airport, it is a little too much. If it is just every once in a while, I don’t mind, but if it becomes a regular event, I believe I’ll have to intervene somehow. Without air conditioning, I just can’t close my exterior doors and turn on the a/c to block out the noise. I guess we will monitor the situation and see what happens. I sure hope it is not a regular occurrence.

You know what is annoying, having passwords for every little thing electronic and having to change them frequently. I mean, really, do we need passwords for almost all websites? And if you screw it up because you have so many and it is tough to remember them all, they make you change it again. At my work there is this computer system you need a password for and it has to be 15 digits long, 2 upper, 2 lower case, 2 numerals, 2 special keys such as # or %, etc… and it can’t resemble one you used in the past two years. I mean, WTF is happening here? Can’t we just have biometric thumb print reader like my iPhone 5s does? Do I really need all of these labor-intensive passwords for all these applications? I think I’m going to start using slang swear words until I get caught and get reported to the system administrator, whoever the hell that may be. I’m sure I’ll have to enter a password to probably read my ass chewing for that also! L

Wow, these months are flying by here at work, which is a good thing for me. I hope they really slow down after I retire so I can enjoy them. As you older peeps probably realize that the days seem to fly by as you get older in life and man, it does seem like they have been flying by this year. It’s already April 1, and it seems like just the other day it was the holiday season. Well, I hope they continue to fly by and then start to slow down again just before the holiday season once again.

I would like one of my other BFFs to travel along with us on our road trip, at least for a while, but I doubt he will.  I just know that his life is so regimented, predictable and boring as hell, and if he could just get out of the house for a couple of weeks, I do think that would do him some good. I kinda already know what the answer will be, so asking him is just a formality really, but I will still try and ask anyway. You never know? Miracles have occurred in the past, right?

BTW – Today was April Fool’s Day, I hope nobody got you fooled with some BS kind of shenanigans. Nobody got me, that was for sure.  I did have a g/f years ago who called me at work and told me she was pregnant, which had me fooled. She later called and told me it was a joke after letting me squirm for a couple of hours. That was not funny and I got her back the next year fooling her. She was just as pissed as I was the year before. That taught her a valuable lesson she won’t forget soon!  J

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clue:  This happens with your eyes when you are sleeping.

Answer: ???

--------------------------------------------------

Previous Alternate Name Game

British Reggae Band
Your immediate condition (slang), one year after your 39th birthday?

Answer:  UB 40   J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues: 

1960s Comedy
Red Sunbeam Tiger sports car
Shoe phone
The Cone of Silence
Agents 86 & 99                      

Answer =  ??               Nobody even tried to answer this easy one a couple of weeks ago.

-----------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:

1970’s TV Show
Huggy Bear
Red Gran Torino
White stripe
2 Streetwise cops

AnswerStarsky & Hutch

Thanks to Tim B for playing and answering the Name Game and TV Trivia correctly and Mike (Dwight) Mattox for answering the TV trivia correctly!  J
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Question: In 1996, what is the smallest country Michael J ever visited?

Clues:
Mediterranean Sea Island (Actually 5 islands total, 3 inhabited)
Known for lace and glass artisans
Bogart movie (@ a Falcon statue)
Valletta

Answer:  ??
-----------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do We Know Each Other?

Clue:  If Michael J could visit any city in the world, what city would that be?

Answer:  Hong Kong

Nobody even tried to guess this one L

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy is always preaching us to, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be good!


- cb



No comments:

Post a Comment