Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday, April 16, 2014



1. For What It’s Worth                                                           T - 261 days and counting

Well, it’s Wednesday, Hump Day, and we are halfway through the workweek already.  This is my short week, so that is a good thing. Next week is another 5-day workweek, which is a depressing thing. But, realizing that there are only 37 more weeks of work left is a great feeling. I found out yesterday that Illinois does not have a state tax for gov’t retirees, which is a nice option to have. I thought I might have to take up residence in Washington State to avoid the tax hit I would take after retirement, but with this new info I might be okay with being an Illinois resident again even if I am only there in residence part time.  I’ll need to find a 2-car garage at least to keep my 911 in and hopefully Linus too. A 3-car garage would be ideal and some land near some water, preferably a lake.
Maybe I’ll even get a small boat some day to put around in. J

Lots of things to think about when it comes to retirement. Where to live, what to do with all that free time, how to spend the Golden Years and with whom. For the first year I will put the majority of my belongings in storage here and take off for about a year or so exploring the back roads of mainland USA. That will include storing my 911 for all that time also. I figure that me not paying rent on an apartment, I should be able to use that money for gasoline, food, camping fees and motel fees when needed. Then the only other bills I should have is for my storage units, my wireless phone & MIFI access, Visa credit card, life and health insurance (which I’ll have automatically deducted), auto insurance, and doggie associated bills. That lack of rent being paid should free up some monies for exploring wherever we want to go I would think. Avoiding paying state taxes should be helpful also!

I actually though about getting a collapsible canoe or kayak for our backroads trip. I think Snoopy would do alright with it but maybe we will have to try it out first to see how it works for us?  It could really come in handy for fishing and exploring waterways, but I am not too sure how much we would really use it.  Maybe that can be optioned during Phase 2 of our trip? I’m sure canoe and kayak rentals will be available at some of these locations with water landscapes. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

An associate that I used to work with took off last year to start his own business back in Virginia. His business plans is to build a small volume of specialty cars and sell them at a profit. We discussed this venture and I told him some ideas that I had regarding that he could also put into action. When we discussed this venture I told him I might be interested in some part-time work doing vehicle assembly, Quality Control/Quality Assurance and product testing. I have been having some trouble locating him online, but today I found his account on Linkedin. Now all I gotta do is find out how to access his info to make contact with him.  I can then plan to visit and check out his facility and his business plan during my initial road trip to see if I would be interested in entering into this venture with him. I think it could be very interesting and possibly something I would be interested in doing. Let’s see if I can contact him to make this happen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2. Alternate Band Name Game

Clues: The largest of the seven continents?

Answer:   ????
--------------------------------------------------

Previous Alternate Band Name Game

Clues:
Name = Pellet gun ammo, Emperor
Guitar player
Can’t play one chord
Lucille

Answer: BB King
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Television Trivia

Clues: 
Risqué 70s Game Show
Gene Rayburn host
Questions with a blank needing filling in
Panel of six celebrities

Answer:  ???
-------------------------------------------------------
Previous Post’s Television Trivia

Clues:  

70’s Game Show
Charlie Weaver
Paul Lynde
Tic Tac Toe

Answer: The Hollywood Squares
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. How Well Do You Know Us?

Question: There is one state out west that Michael has never visited and has always wanted to.  What is it?

Clue: Big Sky

Answer:  ?
-----------------------------------------------------

Previous Game of How Well Do You Know Us?

Question:  Who was Michael’s hockey hero as a kid?

Clues:
Played Center Position and was the Captain
First guy to ever curve a hockey stick blade
“Stosh”
First jersey number ever retired on the Blackhawks (# 21)

Answer:  Stan Mikita, Captain #21, “The Impeccable Czech”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy wants me to remind you to, “Bark Less and Wag More!”

Until next time… Be good!


- cb

1 comment: